Fireman baby shower food ideas
Firefighter Baby Shower - Etsy.de
Etsy is no longer supporting older versions of your web browser in order to ensure that user data remains secure. Please update to the latest version.
Find something memorable, join a community doing good.
(823 relevant results)
Fire Truck Birthday Party Ideas: Food, Decorations & More!
Last year Kye mentioned wanting to have a fire truck themed birthday party and I’ve been SO looking forward to this!!! Fire truck birthday party ideas are everywhere, so it was THE easiest party I’ve done yet as well as probably the least expensive. I feel like I’m turning into a well oiled party throwing machine 😉
I’m so, so happy at how everything turned out! I feel like every party I throw becomes my favorite party ever, but this one really is at the top of the list!
Here’s how we put together this fire truck birthday party, from the decorations to the food to everything in between!
Original Post Published in April 2013
Fire Truck Birthday Party Ideas: The Food
I used the firetruck Kye got from Santa for Christmas as a centerpiece in the dining room then I made party circles to hang from the chandelier.
I have decided that probably every party I throw will be a sweets-only party. SO much cheaper, easier to put together, and cuter!
Fire Truck Suckers
I bought two packs of lollipops (total of $5) then used mod podge to glue party of the party printables on each one.
I repurposed the same green foamy type squares used for flower arrangements that I had used for Kye’s Golf Party and stuck the suckers in them and covered it all using some shredded red paper I’d already had bought for a diaper cake I made for Crissy’s baby shower.
I thought they turned out cute and preschoolers LOVE some suckers 🙂
Other Fire Truck Themed Party Food
Chocolate covered pretzel sticks with red sprinkles
Chocolate covered marshmallows with red sprinkles
I made a red punch and MEANT to put out some water too but totally forgot!
Thankfully it was a smaller party so I think everyone knew me well enough to know I wouldn’t just have something sweet like that for the kids and everyone felt comfortable just getting some water themselves as needed 😉
I am IN LOVE with how his cake turned out! HUGE thanks to Heather (who also did his Woody cake last year, remember?). She matched the invitations PERFECTLY!!!
I used pictures from our little fire station photo shoot as decorations as well
Fire Truck Birthday Party Ideas: The Decor
It wouldn’t be a birthday party without a banner, right? I LOVE buying party printable packs… makes life so much easier than having to make the banner myself and I think they always turn out so cute!
All I had to do was print, cut it out, hole punch that beast, and run the ribbon through! Bam!
As always I also had Kye’s birthday video playing throughout the party. We actually streamed it from my computer using Apple TV…I felt so tech savvy 😉
Last year we had tornados on Kye’s party day… this year? We had one of THE coldest days we saw the entire winter season. Awesome.
We originally planned for several outdoor activities but decided to move them inside and I got creative at the last minute and added a few extra indoor activities for the kids.
I pulled out Kye’s car mat and picked through all of his toys to find all the firetrucks. And he has a HUGE firetruck puzzle so I stuck the pieces in a bucket and had that sitting out as well!
ALL of this was supposed to be outside. But with the weather, we moved it in.
Since we invited a MUCH smaller crew for this party, I was able to do more fun stuff for each kid. I made place cards for each child’s seat and had each of their activities/items at their spot!
I tried to arrange the seating in the best way I could to minimize mess and hassle for their parents 😉
I LOVED the opportunity to use this fire truck. It was Kye’s FIRST truck ever…given as a gift with some flowers inside of it while we were at the hospital! My sweet brother, Ryan, and his fam sent it our way!
I found these really neat handmade wooden firetrucks and bought one for each “older kid” and decided to be supppper daring and have them paint it as a craft to take home!
Each firefighter also had their own fire extinguisher (which I assumed was MUCH bigger from the picture than it actually was when they arrived but the kids loved them anyway!)
They also each had a personalized color page!
Of course, each of them had their own fire hat as well!
How each place setting looked
Extra hats for the younger crew
Kye’s HUGE fire truck birthday balloon!
Kye’s fireman jacket
Even though we nixed our original plan for a firefighter obstacle course, we still decided to do the flames on the fence.
Zach drew the flames on red poster paper and a secret friend got them laminated for us at their school 😉 I cut each of them out and Zach attached them to the fence! They turned out super cool and the kids had a BLAST using their extinguishers to “put out” the fires 😉
When I saw these fire hydrant cups on Pinterest I HAD to have them! I just got one for each “big kid” and an extra one for Britt (which someone took so she ended up not having one haha). I cut out the “thank you” tags from the party pack, punched a hole in them, and attached them with cute ribbon. I also framed an invitation as well as other photos from our fire station visit!
Fire Truck Birthday Party: Final Thoughts
I’m SUPER happy with how everything turned out! If you’re looking to plan a firefighter party you can see ALL of my ideas and inspirations for this party on my Pinterest board HERE!
Liking what you see and want to know where I bought it all?
Party Printable Pack: Unfortunately the original shop doesn’t exist anymore but you can find some great options on Etsy!
Wooden Firetrucks: The shop is currently closed but here is a similar one!
Personalized Firetruck Coloring Page: Frostingandink
Fire Hydrant Cups: Amazon
Large Balloon (which, btw, is STILL inflated 6 weeks later!): Amazon
Fire Extinguishers: Amazon
Fire Man Hats: Amazon
If you’d like to see more birthday parties that we’ve planned through the years:
- Monkey Party
- Golf Party
- Woody Party
- Snowflake Party
- Sunshine Party
- American Girl Party
- Construction Party
- Football Birthday Party
- Finding Nemo Party
- Donald Duck Party
- Hawaiian Christmas Party
- Mickey & Minnie Mouse Party
- Mary Poppins Party
- Flamingo Party
- Pirate Party
- Star Wars Party
- Army Party
Looking for even more party planning tips and inspiration? Be sure to check out my Pinterest boards for ideas and you can also see over 35 of the best kids party ideas here! Happy Planning 🙂
And, yes, we are always making plans for the next birthday party 🙂
Mining operations at alluvial gold deposits in the Republic of Tyva, Kyzyl
Artel miners "Oina" is a difficult miner's way to the metal, the way to overcome numerous obstacles and problems. Today A/S "Oina" is a stable, developing enterprise. This is also one of those industries that for several decades have worthily represented the industry of Tyva, its mining industry. But even more important is the fact that for hundreds of miners this enterprise has become a reliable employer and source of material well-being. nine0003
At the moment, we are actively updating the main means of production, we are modernizing the enterprise. Polygon equipment is becoming more powerful and reliable, modern efficient gold mining technologies are being introduced, which makes it possible to keep the bar of production indicators high.
40 years 40 years stable work
That is why the Oina Mining Artel has been and remains a company with high social responsibility. We create decent working conditions, offer a high level of earnings, a technical base that allows us to ensure high productivity and simultaneous production safety, a transparent reward system that motivates us to set new records, and stable financial results.
Each our 9 Employee receives :
Comfortable living conditions
Accommodation, Nutrition during the stay at
9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 decent wages
We are waiting
One of the main tasks of the management of the Oina prospectors' artel is to make the team's stay at sites as comfortable as possible , so much attention is paid to the organization of living conditions, food and leisure for workers.
We also care about the health of our employees – there are medical stations in each shift camp. nine0003
necessary for the improvement of buildings, construction and repair of buildings necessary for the comfortable living of buildings and repairs and repairs are carried out annually.
Reducing of negative technogenic environmental impacts related to industrial activities is one of the priority areas of the OINA prospectors. Water supply at mining sites is carried out according to a closed circulation scheme with a minimum amount of fresh water replenishment, and after mining operations are completed, technical reclamation is carried out. Coniferous trees are planted on reclaimed lands. We also annually release thousands of sturgeon fry into the Abakan and Yenisei rivers. nine0003
On the map of the activities of the artel "Oina" there are places where it is very difficult to get to, for example, the village of Balyktyg in the Tere-Kholsky district, whose inhabitants are forced to communicate with the outside world with the help of horses, because even powerful Ural cars reach it with difficulties. Artel regularly allocates money to support the social sphere, maintains roads in proper condition, which is especially important for residents of remote and hard-to-reach areas, provides equipment and materials, and helps in the repair and construction of social facilities. nine0003
And not only within the framework of the concluded agreement on social and economic partnership, but also on personal initiative - this is a numerous sponsorship and charitable activity, which is actively carried out by the artel.
Children's birthday menu: photos, recipes, dish ideas
How to make a child's birthday truly unforgettable? Gather his friends, come up with entertainment and, of course, treat everyone to something delicious. But pleasing little guests is sometimes more difficult than adult gourmets. Our article will come to the rescue. In it, we have collected 10 dishes that will enchant even the most capricious persons. Serve these treats for a kid's birthday party and no one will leave hungry. nine0003
Kids will appreciate the unusual serving, and adults will appreciate the ease of preparing the dish. Indeed, among the recipes for a children's birthday, it is important to have at least one option for a quick snack. For canapes in the form of ladybugs, it is better to take unsalted crackers with the addition of whole grain flour. You can grease the products with both pate and hummus or curd cheese.
- crackers - 10 pcs.
- cherry tomatoes - 5 pcs. nine0446
- leaf lettuce - 3-4 leaves
- olives - 3 pcs.
- pate - to taste
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and make a shallow cut in each half.
- Brush crackers with pâté and cover with lettuce. Excess greens can be removed.
- Top the salad with half a cherry and a quarter of an olive.
- Decorate the finished ladybug with a pattern of white dots. To do this, dip a toothpick in Greek yogurt or mayonnaise and gently color the workpiece. nine0446
Children are rarely fans of vegetables. But thanks to such muffins, they will even eat the hated green beans or green peas. It's nice that you can change the toppings to your liking. For example, take corn, ham or some broccoli and cauliflower. It is also better not to forget about the vegetable slices on the table. Serve carrot, pepper and cucumber sticks with yoghurt sauce.
- green beans - 100 g
- green peas - 100 g
- cheese - 100 g
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- sour cream - 3 tbsp. l.
- flour - 3 tbsp. l.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- baking powder - 0.5 tsp.
- salt - to taste
- Defrost beans and peas.
- Peppers and cheese cut into small cubes. nine0445 In a clean bowl, mix eggs with sour cream and salt. Gradually add the sifted flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Add prepared cuts to batter.
- Divide the pastry between molds and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C. Then lower the heat to 160°C and bake the muffins for another 15-20 minutes in the oven.
If you don't know what to cook, try these donuts. At a children's birthday party, they will definitely become a popular treat. The main thing is to find a good crumbly cottage cheese with a fat content of 5-9%. It is desirable that there is not too much moisture in the mass, gluing the grains together. Otherwise, wrap the cottage cheese with gauze and put it under pressure for 2-3 hours to remove excess moisture.
- cottage cheese - 200 g
- cheese - 80 g
- flour - 70 g
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- baking powder - 0.5 tsp.
- sesame - to taste
- Mash the cottage cheese with a fork or chop with a blender.
- Add grated cheese, whole egg and one egg white.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and knead into a stiff dough.
- On a floured surface, form the dough into a ball and divide into 6-8 equal portions.
- Roll each piece into a sausage and seal the ends.
- Transfer the blanks to a baking sheet lined with baking paper and brush with the remaining yolk. nine0446
- Garnish with sesame seeds and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
Who would say no to a popular treat? For a children's holiday, it makes sense to make portioned pizzas. It will be easier for kids to hold them in their hands. As a sauce, ordinary ketchup or a mixture of pureed tomatoes boiled with spices is suitable. In addition to cherry tomatoes, you can use bell peppers or broccoli for the filling, and put boiled chicken or turkey instead of ham. When serving, garnish pizzas with fresh herbs, if desired. nine0003
For the dough:
- flour - 200 g
- water - 90 ml
- olive oil - 30 ml
- sugar - 1 tsp.
- dry yeast - 4 g
- salt - pinch
- ham - 200 g
- cherry tomatoes - 8 pcs.
- tomato sauce - 3 tbsp. l.
- cheese - 50 g
- Mix yeast, sugar and water. Cover the bowl with a towel and put it in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. After the specified time, a foam cap should appear on the surface of the mixture.
- Sift flour into activated yeast, add olive oil and salt. Knead a homogeneous dough that will not stick to your hands.
- Transfer to a clean dish greased with olive oil and leave warm for 1 hour. nine0446
- Punch down the risen dough and divide into 8 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a 8-10 cm round shape and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush base with tomato sauce, top with ham and cherry halves, sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake mini pizzas for 15 minutes at 210°C.
Homemade skewers continue the selection of recipes for children's birthdays. When preparing a marinade, remember that the child likes simple and understandable tastes more. A large set of seasonings, especially spicy, he will not appreciate. But vegetables will add benefits and make the meat juicier. For variety, place sliced bell pepper or zucchini between the chicken pieces. Don't forget to prepare wooden skewers. Before stuffing the meat, it is advisable to soak them in boiling water, otherwise the wood may burn in the oven. nine0003
- chicken fillet - 800 g
- kefir 3.2% - 180 ml
- onion - 1 pc.
- garlic - 1-2 cloves
- salt - to taste
- Divide the chicken fillet into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Chop the onion into rings, mince the garlic.
- Mix the chicken with chopped onion and garlic, season with salt. nine0446
- Pour in the kefir and mix well. Leave the blank in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Thread the marinated pieces onto skewers and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C.
Children love variety. Give the kids a choice between several dishes. For example, serve chicken skewers and crispy fish fingers. The appetizer is made from white fish: pollock, cod or haddock. If desired, breading can be supplemented with sesame seeds. Ready-made sticks go well with tartar sauce. nine0003
- white fish fillet - 600 g
- vegetable oil - 150 ml
- breadcrumbs - 3 tbsp. l.
- chicken eggs - 1 pc.
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Cut the fillet into strips 1.5–2 cm thick. Season with salt and a little pepper.
- Beat the egg with a fork in a flat bowl. nine0446
- Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the fish fillets one by one into the egg and breadcrumbs, then fry in hot oil.
- Wipe finished sticks with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Cake without baking
When planning what to cook for a child's birthday, don't forget about sweets. What's a holiday without cake? This recipe can be made the day before. Any gelatin is useful, but the rules for working with sheets and powder are different. The layers are randomly poured with cold water, and then squeezed out. For crystals, it is desirable to observe a ratio of 1: 6 (take 6 parts of water for 1 part of gelatin). nine0003
For the cake:
- cookies - 300 g
- Butter - 100 g
- cottage cheese - 800 g
- cream 20% - 200 ml
- sugar - 100 g
- sour cream - 100 g
- cocoa - 2 tbsp. l.
- gelatin - 40 g
- Grind cookies with butter into crumbs. Spread the mass over the bottom and sides of the form and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Soak gelatine in water.
- Beat cottage cheese with sugar and sour cream. The easiest way to do this is with an immersion blender.
- Mix swollen gelatin with cream and heat to 60-70°C. The thickener should dissolve, but the liquid should not be allowed to boil.
- Add the warm mixture to the curd and blend well again with an immersion blender. nine0446
- Cocoa mix with half of the curd and cream mass.
- Spread the filling as follows: 1 tablespoon cream mixture, then 1 spoon chocolate mixture. It is advisable to finish the cake with a colored layer.
- Using a skewer, make patterns on the top of the workpiece and send it to the refrigerator until completely solidified.
Funny apple slices
Even ordinary fruits can be served in an original way. For example, make funny monsters out of apple slices. Sweet sprinkles in the form of eyes can be found on the Internet. If there is no unusual decoration, then make it yourself. Melt the chocolate and use a toothpick or skewer to drizzle over the marshmallows. The same melted chocolate or peanut butter will help to fix the marshmallows on the slices. nine0003
- apples - 2 pcs.
- strawberries - 100 g
- peanut butter - 8 tsp
- sunflower seeds - 2 handfuls
- confectionery topping in the form of eyes - 8 pcs.
- Quarter medium-sized apples.
- Remove the center from the skin side of each wedge.
- Brush the resulting hole with peanut butter and fill with a strawberry slice. nine0446
- Peel the sunflower seeds and stick a few into the apple blanks.
- Seal eyes with peanut butter and serve.
Bright cakes on skewers - why not treat a child's birthday? It is easy to attract even the birthday man himself to their preparation. Or you can make blanks in advance and invite guests to decorate them with sprinkles and icing. For the latter, it is better to choose white chocolate, since dyes can be added to the resulting mass. Let the little chefs cover the balls on their own and show imagination in decorating. nine0003
For the biscuit:
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs.
- sugar - 90 g
- flour - 90 g
- curd cheese - 90 g
- powdered sugar - 30 g
- chocolate - 200 g
- butter - 20 g
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until fluffy and white.
- Carefully add the sifted flour and knead the dough.
- Bake the biscuit for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Cool the finished cake and grind into crumbs.
- In a clean bowl, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar.
- Add the biscuit crumbs to the cream and stir. Form into balls 4–5 cm in diameter and refrigerate for 1–2 hours. nine0445 Melt chocolate in a water bath and mix with butter. Thread the balls onto wooden skewers.
- Dip the balls in the frosting one by one. Let the mass take over.
- Decorate each cake pop as you like.
Although a sweet table is an obligatory part of a children's holiday, it is not worth pampering children with a lot of sugar. Instead of store-bought bars or candies, make an alternative treat of nuts and dried fruits. Don't be afraid to change the filling to your liking. For example, make a treat only from almonds or add walnuts. nine0003
- pitted dates - 200 g
- almonds - 60 g
- cashews - 50 g
- peanuts - 50 g
- hazelnuts - 50 g
- honey - 50 g
- coconut oil - 1 tbsp. l.
- chocolate - 200 g
- coconut oil - 1 tbsp. l.
- Crush the almonds.
- Chop the remaining nuts and dates.
- Add crumbled almonds, honey and coconut oil to the mixture.