How to make baby alive food at home
How to Make Colorful and Scented Doll Food
I have wanted to make doll food for a while. My daughter goes through this stuff super fast. The store-bought packets are great, but they are a bit expensive and don’t last in our home. We need Costco-size pouches to keep up with our hungry dolls.
My daughter loves dolls more than any toy in our house. The moment she gets a new baby, she gives her a name and cares for her in a super sweet motherly way. It is such a joy to see her play. She plays with all her babies every day, but her favorite ones are the types that she can feed and bathe.
For me, the best doll for this feeding activity is the baby born interactive. This doll holds the liquid! You have to press her belly button to release any fluid. This is an excellent feature for the times your dolls diaper is not on correctly or has no diaper at all. I am not saying this is a mess-free activity, but this toy makes my life easier when it’s time to clean up. So, use any doll that is easy to clean.
Ingredients and Materials
I played around with different ingredients and finally settled on using sugar, baking soda, and cornstarch; these three ingredients give the doll food a puree consistency similar to the store-bought. To take it up a notch and make it more realistic, I decided to use paint and scented oils.
As far as paint goes, I always prefer to use washable paint instead of food gel in my crafts. I want to avoid the small chance of staining anything. We made our first batch with food gels, and the doll food came off the doll’s dress without a problem. Still, I decided to make our second batch with washable paint. I feel more comfortable letting my daughter play with something I know I can easily wash.
I use mason jars in a lot of my projects because they are versatile, but you can store yours in any container you prefer.
Also, although all the ingredients are non-toxic, I am keeping my jars out of reach from my little one.
- Place two tablespoons of granulated sugar into a small mason jar.
- Dip the tip of a toothpick into the paint color of your choice. A tiny bit is enough. Then, dip the paint into the granulated sugar and mix until the color completely incorporates, and you don’t see any speckles. Don’t worry if the powder looks white because it will change color when it comes in contact with the water.
- Mix in a few drops of scented oil (If using).
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of cornstarch to the sugar and mix.
- Download and print your food labels. Label each jar. If you want different flavor labels, you can download these cute vegetable and fruit clipart from Etsy.
- Finally, mix the doll food with water. I use 1-2 teaspoons per feeding. Add drops of water until you get a puree consistency. Don’t worry if you add to much water, your little one and the doll won’t mind. ?
This doll food is good to use with baby alive, baby born, or any doll that is designed to eat.
The manufacturers recommend flushing the baby food after each use. So, we feed our dolls a warm bottle of water along with the doll food to wash it out.
I hope you found this helpful. Visit our DIY page for more fun ideas.
How can I get my Baby Alive to eat?
- How can I get my Baby Alive to eat?
- Do you add water to baby alive food?
- Can you feed any Baby Alive?
- How do you feed a Baby Alive bottle?
- How do you activate the Baby Alive?
- What food can baby alive eat?
- Which baby alive is best?
- Can you feed baby alive real baby food?
- How do I made my own baby food?
- How do you feed a Baby Alive doll?
- Do I need a baby food maker?
How can I get my Baby Alive to eat?
Once the doll is "ON" and activated, place the bottle or the spoon in her mouth to activate the sensor. If the sensor does not appear to be working, press the spoon or bottle down onto her lower mouth to initiate feeding.
Do you add water to baby alive food?
Simply pour powdered food packet into bowl (not included), add 3 teaspoons/15 ml of water, and mix. Kids can have fun pretending to feeding their baby dolls, like a real mommy or daddy would!
Can you feed any Baby Alive?
A: No, they do not. There are a variety of Baby Alive dolls and they have varying features. The My Baby All Gone eats, drinks, and potties. There are other, less expensive Baby Alives, though, that do not eat and drink.
How do you feed a Baby Alive bottle?
0:003:22Feeding NEW BABY ALIVE DOLL Her Bottle - YouTubeYouTubeInício do clipe sugeridoFinal do clipe sugeridoAnd I have herpies my bottle squeeze it and dip it in the water. And let go so that a water will getMoreAnd I have herpies my bottle squeeze it and dip it in the water. And let go so that a water will get in the bottle.
How do you activate the Baby Alive?
1:193:42Baby Alive - How to Care for Real As Can Be Baby - YouTubeYouTube
What food can baby alive eat?
To make the Baby Alive Food, mix together: 3 Tablespoons of baking soda, 3 Tablespoons of plain tap water, 1/4 tsp cornstarch and 1-3 drops of food coloring. Use yellow for bananas, green for green beans, etc.
Which baby alive is best?
13 Best Baby Alive Dolls Of 2021
- Baby Alive Sweet Spoonfuls Baby Doll. ...
- Baby Alive Face Paint Fairy Brunette. ...
- Baby Alive Baby Go Bye Bye Doll. ...
- Baby Alive Potty Dance Baby Doll. ...
- Baby Alive Magical Scoops Blonde Baby Doll. ...
- Baby Alive Sweet Tears Baby Doll. ...
- Baby Alive Super Snacks Snackin' Noodles Baby.
Can you feed baby alive real baby food?
- Do not feed your Baby Alive doll with real baby food because this will make your doll smell bad. Also, it might attract insects and small creatures. If you clog your baby alive because you used too much baking soda... Use Apple cider vinegar! Give your baby a rinse with water and then go to the bottom.
How do I made my own baby food?
- Clean your workstation. Always wash your hands with soap and water before making baby food. ...
- Prepare the ingredients. ...
- Add flavor in a healthy way. ...
- Safely feed and serve. ...
How do you feed a Baby Alive doll?
- Feeding The Baby Alive Doll. To feed the Baby Alive, you take one of the packets of mix and add water to it. Then, using the special spoon (has a magnet in it) to feed her, she will begin talking to you as you feed the Baby Alive Doll.
Do I need a baby food maker?
- If you're set on making your own baby food, you absolutely don't need to buy a specialized baby food maker if you already have a food processor at home. In fact, you can do everything 100% by hand and still make great home-made foods for your little one. Jul 4 2019
⇐ How do I keep my Bartholin glands healthy?
How do I find my old supercell ID? ⇒
Baby puree at home: recipes
Baby puree from vegetables and fruits at home: cooking secrets
Vegetable and fruit puree often becomes the first meal of the baby after breast milk or formula, so many mothers prefer to cook it on their own. Although modern manufacturers convince us that baby food is devoid of preservatives and harmful additives, fresh vegetables and fruits are much healthier, especially when it comes to infant nutrition. Yes, and cooking baby puree at home is not so difficult. nine0005
Vegetables or fruits?
Let's try to make baby puree for our beloved baby. Despite the fact that pediatricians of the last century recommended starting complementary foods with fruits, it is better to first introduce the child to vegetables - modern doctors and nutritionists have come to this conclusion. Boiled vegetables do not irritate the gastrointestinal tract, are better absorbed, satisfy hunger, do not cause allergies and increased gas formation. In addition, vegetables do not contain fructose, which irritates the pancreas. And one more weighty argument in favor of the fact that it is better to start with vegetables - fruits are tastier, and if the baby tries them first, he will refuse vegetables, because they will seem to him more insipid. nine0005
How to prepare baby vegetable puree
What can baby puree be made of? The ideal puree for the first feeding is from cauliflower or zucchini. A little later, you can introduce pumpkin, broccoli, carrots, potatoes and green peas. Before cooking, vegetables are washed well, peeled, cut into pieces and cooked - steamed, in the oven or in the usual way, in water. The first two methods are preferable because oven roasting and steaming preserve the vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and natural color in the vegetables. And most importantly - such vegetables are much tastier. Some nutritionists recommend boiling vegetables with their skins on before peeling them, so choose your own cooking method. nine0005
If you do have to cook vegetables in a saucepan, use an enamel pot, add less water and put the vegetables in boiling water. Boil until soft, but do not overcook vegetables and fruits, otherwise they will become tasteless and lose a lot of vitamins. Ready vegetables are chopped with a blender until smooth and slightly diluted with water, vegetable broth, breast milk or mixture to a gruel state, since the child does not yet know how to digest thick food. Small pieces of vegetables in puree sometimes cause the baby to refuse to eat, so the knives in the blender should be well sharpened, and if there is no technique, you can grind the vegetables through a sieve. Salt and spices are usually not added to baby vegetable puree, and if the baby is more than 6 months old, you can put a little butter in the puree. nine0005
A few rules for making baby puree at home
- Use only fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Water for cooking vegetables must be filtered or bottled.
- If you are using frozen foods, choose only whole fruits and vegetables as they retain the most nutrients.
- All utensils for preparing baby food should be perfectly clean, so if the knife falls on the floor, it should be washed well. Also, the presence of pets in the kitchen during the cooking process is not allowed. nine0026
- Avoid vegetables and fruits high in nitrates, such as spinach, lettuce, beets, melons, and watermelons, in infants' diets.
- Store-bought vegetables are recommended to be soaked in water to remove nitrates: 1-2 hours for this, up to 24 hours for potatoes.
- Mix sour-tasting fruits and berries with sweet fruits - for example, blackcurrant goes well with a banana or pear. Sour puree is unlikely to please the baby. nine0026
- Give your child only fresh food, but yesterday's puree from the refrigerator is better to eat yourself.
DIY fruit puree for children
Children are more likely to eat fruit puree, because fruits are tastier and sweeter. Fruits contain a large amount of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, fiber and antioxidants, so they are very useful for a growing organism. However, fruits are strong allergens, especially berries, bananas, pomegranates and apricots, so they should be given with caution, watching the child's reaction. The most low-allergenic fruits are apples and pears, so it is better to start complementary foods with them, and then introduce all other fruits. First, the baby is fed with a one-component puree made from only one product, and then you can mix different vegetables and fruits, and not only among themselves. Very tasty combinations of fruits and vegetables, such as apples and zucchini, pumpkins and pears. nine0005
Fruits must be of good quality, without damage, ripe and juicy, and the rules for preparing fruits do not differ from the rules for cooking vegetables. Naturally, fruit puree is not sweetened with honey and sugar - the later the child learns the taste of sugar, the stronger his health will be.
Aromatic pumpkin puree
Babies love to eat pumpkin because of its pleasant sweet taste, besides pumpkin is very healthy. It contains a whole storehouse of various vitamins, including vitamin T, which normalizes the metabolism in the body. For pumpkin puree, small pumpkins are suitable, since large fruits are not as tasty and difficult to peel. nine0005
Cut the pumpkin in half, and then into small slices, one or two of which (depending on the appetite of the crumbs) cut into cubes. Boil the pumpkin in a double boiler or in water for 20 minutes, while warm, beat with a blender to a smooth puree and dilute if necessary with water or a mixture. Add oil and salt depending on the age of the child.
Gentle Broccoli Puree
One of my favorite homemade baby puree recipes is broccoli. This cabbage is extremely useful because it contains potassium, iron, calcium and other valuable substances. It has much more vitamin C than lemon, and the reason for its nutritional value is its high protein content. nine0005
Separate the broccoli into florets, wash thoroughly and steam for 20 minutes. Cabbage cooks faster in water - fresh broccoli will take 7 minutes, and frozen - about 15 minutes. Broccoli puree does not need much water, it should lightly coat the vegetables. After the cabbage becomes soft, chop it in a blender or pass through a sieve. If you're mashing for kids older than a year old, be sure to add butter - the little ones will gobble up broccoli on both cheeks! nine0005
How to make baby pear puree at home
Pear is a very delicate, tasty and healthy fruit that rarely causes intolerance. In addition to the high vitamin value, the pear has other beneficial properties - it facilitates digestion and removes toxins from the body.
For baby food, choose green pears to reduce the risk of allergies, which are rare among babies. Peel the fruits from the peel and core with seeds, and then stew the pear in a bowl with a thick bottom in a small amount of water for 15 minutes. Let the pear cool slightly and puree it in a blender with a little of the remaining pear broth. For large kids, fruits can not be boiled, but add half a teaspoon of natural honey to the puree. nine0005
Zucchini and apple puree
Little gourmets will love this delicious puree, besides, zucchini is considered the most hypoallergenic vegetables, which, due to their high potassium content, have a beneficial effect on the heart. Apples contain iodine, iron and phosphorus, and due to the high concentration of vitamin C, apples help in the prevention of colds and viral infections.
Wash the zucchini and apples well, de-seed them, cut into pieces and cook in a saucepan for about 20 minutes, considering that the zucchini will cook 5 minutes faster. By the way, apples are steamed for 15 minutes, zucchini - 10 minutes. Next, vegetables and fruits are chopped in a blender, mixed and brought to a boil. For allergic children, this is the best side dish! nine0005
Sometimes you can pamper your baby with exotic fruits - for example, make mango puree. This is a very delicate fruit with an original taste, containing 12 amino acids and improving sleep.
Choose only ripe fruits that are soft and reddish-yellow in color. Peel the mango from a thick skin and a large bone, put the pulp in a blender, add 2 tbsp. l. water and mash it, and then heat it in a saucepan for several minutes. For a baby up to a year old, it is better to give mashed potatoes with heat treatment to facilitate digestion, and older children can be fed raw mangoes. nine0005
Carrot and Potato Puree
Make normal potato puree without oil. Peel the carrots, grate them and stew them with butter and vegetable broth - about 1 tsp is required for 200 g of carrots. butter and 150 g of broth. When the carrot becomes very soft, wipe it through a sieve, and then put it on a plate, put mashed potatoes on the second half. Let the child choose whether to mix two types of puree for him or eat separately!
Pumpkin and apple puree
This sweet, sugar-free pumpkin-apple puree, cooked in a double boiler, is suitable for children who are already accustomed to “adult” food and are able to perceive a new unusual dish. It is better to take a pumpkin with a gray or green skin and with bright pulp - such fruits contain more vitamins and other useful substances. Apples are green because they have fewer allergens.
Cut pumpkin and apple flesh without peel or seeds into pieces, place in a steamer and cook for 20 minutes. Grind pumpkin, apples and raisins in a blender or by hand with a pusher if the child has already learned to chew. They say that this puree is very good for skin and hair, and you can check the truth of this statement yourself if you start feeding this dish to your baby. nine0005
In autumn, you can take care of preparing vegetables for baby purees. Some vegetables, such as pumpkin, carrots and apples, are stored fresh, and zucchini, broccoli, berries are frozen in small portions, because due to frequent freezing and thawing, vegetables lose vitamins and become tasteless. You can roll up fruit and vegetable puree in jars, but this snack should not be given to babies. Remember that the taste of vegetables determines whether the baby will love them in the future, so try to prepare an appetizing and tender puree - for health and good mood! nine0005
Baby food at home: recipes, videos
Growing up a little person is a delightful process that cannot but please the parents of the crumbs. However, the first feeling that mom and dad face when it comes time to introduce complementary foods into a child's diet is confusion.
Which food is the most healthy, hypoallergenic and delicious? Most often, the first "real" meal of the crumbs after mother's milk and formula is vegetable or fruit puree. The choice of baby food on store shelves is very wide - each manufacturer tries to convince the buyer that jars with beautiful labels contain only natural products, there are no dyes, sweeteners and other harmful additives. A variety of "meals" for babies in factory packaging marked "3+ months." does not guarantee the true usefulness of the product that is inside. Every mother understands that complementary foods prepared on her own, from natural products, are much better for her child. nine0005
Another advantage of making your own baby food is that you can choose the best ingredients, wash fruits, berries or vegetables thoroughly, peel them well and remove damaged parts. In addition, the parents of the crumbs themselves can choose the way - how best to cook baby food: food can not only be boiled, but also baked in the oven or cooked in a double boiler.
It is also important that home-made baby puree is much tastier, it will undoubtedly be useful for a growing organism and will not cause allergies! Even the simplest children's dish, prepared by mom, keeps the warmth of caring hands and cannot be compared with expensive dishes from the store. nine0005
What should be the correct complementary foods for children? Of course, you should start with one ingredient (such purees are called one-component purees), then move on to more complex options. Experts emphasize that the most suitable product for the first "dish" is zucchini. Cauliflower can also be considered neutral. Gradually it will be possible to introduce carrots, pumpkins, potatoes, broccoli and green peas. At the first stage of the introduction of complementary foods, it is better to give preference to vegetable purees and switch to fruit purees when the child already treats “serious” food well. nine0005
The basic rules and principles of preparing high-quality baby food yourself:
- it is best to take fresh products for preparations: fruits from the tree, berries from the bush and vegetables from the garden are much more useful than those that have already been in the refrigerator for a week. If there are no seasonal vegetables at the time of preparation, the use of frozen foods is acceptable, but in this case, try to give preference to whole fruits - they retain the greatest amount of nutrients; nine0026
- only filtered water should be used for cooking vegetables;
- Preparing baby food requires, if not separate dishes, then thoroughly washed ones. Do not, for example, cut vegetables on a meat board. If there is a dog or cat in the house, then you need to restrict her access to the kitchen when food is being prepared;
- It is not recommended to use vegetables and fruits in the diet of infants, in which the content of chemical additives is consistently high. These often include watermelons and melons, beets, spinach and lettuce; nine0026
- It is better to add water to vegetables purchased on the market before cooking: put carrots, potatoes, zucchini and cauliflower in filtered water for a couple of hours - this will remove nitrates;
- do not leave excess mashed potatoes for the next meal: the child should be given only freshly prepared food, and "yesterday's" mashed potatoes are best eaten by adults or given to pets;
- you can choose cream, boiled egg yolk, grated cheese or finely chopped dill as an additive to puree - this will diversify dishes for children from 8 months; nine0026
- try it! Children's food can and should be enjoyed by an adult.
There is another question that often worries parents: is it permissible to preserve baby puree and how to do it correctly? After all, such complementary foods for the developing body of a small child must be prepared daily for one or even two or three years: until the baby is ready to eat adult food from the common table. Not every mother has the time and opportunity to prepare baby puree daily, but you don’t want to buy food for the baby in the store. In addition, it is obvious that in the winter-spring period it is almost impossible to find fruits and vegetables grown without the addition of chemicals. The answer to the question is quite simple: the requirements for the conditions for preparing baby food are very strict (keeping the temperature, sterilizing jars, etc.), but using an autoclave solves all problems: all that is required is to load jars with blanks into the autoclave for 20 minutes and set temperature 120 degrees. After cooling, it is better to store baby food in a dark, cool place for about 12 months, daily delighting the child with homemade homemade food. nine0005
Pumpkin puree: tender and aromatic
Pumpkin is a delicious vegetable that is good for babies. This fruit has a beneficial effect on digestion, is well absorbed by the child's body and is rich in various vitamins: A, C, B, B2, E, PP, T. In addition, the carotene content in pumpkin is 5 times higher than in carrots!
Baby pumpkin puree has a sweet taste, so the kids eat this dish with great pleasure. For preparations, it is better to buy small whole pumpkins, as they usually taste better than large ones and are easier to peel. nine0005
- Rinse pumpkin well under running water, peel, cut in half, remove seeds.
- Then you need to cut the fruit into small cubes, put in a saucepan and pour water. Cooking time after boiling - 20 minutes. You can also steam pumpkin: it will retain more nutrients with the same cooking time.
- The next step is to beat the cooked pumpkin with a blender until the consistency of a gentle puree. If the dish turned out to be thick, add water or milk (milk mixture). nine0026
- Vegetable oil and salt are added to pumpkin puree to taste, but these additives should be used with caution: only if they are acceptable for the age of the child.
For babies older than 8 months, pumpkin puree is supplemented with other fruits and vegetables, and also added to porridge.
Broccoli puree: simplicity and elegance
Broccoli is not just cabbage, but a storehouse of vitamins and microelements! Beautiful on the outside and fantastic on the inside - the high content of protein and vitamin C (there is more in broccoli than in citrus!) deserves special attention. There are many articles on the Internet about the benefits of broccoli, and preparing this product is not at all difficult. nine0005
To prepare this type of cabbage for baby food, you need to choose the highest quality product: the inflorescences must be unopened, green, moderately elastic.
- Broccoli should be washed, cut into pieces and boiled. Steaming will take 20 minutes, in water - faster: fresh cabbage should be boiled for a little more than 5 minutes, and frozen - at least 10. When cooking, do not pour a lot of water, it should only cover the vegetables a little.
- When the cabbage is cooked, take it out, transfer it to a blender bowl and grind to a puree state, add a little warm boiled water. nine0026
- Add salt and butter to taste.
Pear puree: a fragrant dessert
It's no secret that babies love fruit puree - almost all children like sweet dishes. The pear is a suitable option for the first one-component fruit food - a sweet fragrant fruit that has a high concentration of vitamins, stimulates digestion and almost never causes allergies.
If you want to cook a safe puree for your child at home, then it is best to choose green pears, these are the fruits that are considered to be the least allergenic. nine0005
- Fruit must be peeled, core removed with seeds, cut into cubes.
- Transfer the pear to a heavy-bottomed enamel saucepan, add a little water and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Then transfer to a blender bowl and puree until smooth. If the puree is too thick, add a little warm boiled water.
- You can dilute the dish with milk or formula - it depends on the taste preferences of the baby. nine0026
A similar recipe is used for applesauce. In the future, try to combine these two fruits in one dish.
Classic apple-zucchini puree
A good appetite of a baby pleases every mother, but little gourmets are often capricious, and it is not easy to please them. Zucchini and apple puree is a classic combination of products that will diversify the baby's menu already in the fifth or sixth month of life.
This complementary food contains only hypoallergenic products, has a positive effect on the functioning of the heart, and stimulates the strengthening of the immune system. nine0005
- Selected products should be thoroughly washed, peeled, core removed from apples.
- Cut zucchini and apples into cubes, put fruits in a cooking pot first - they should cook for 5 minutes longer, and then vegetables. The total cooking time is 20 minutes.
- When the products become soft, they must be ground to a puree with a blender.
- To taste - dilute with water, add salt, oil.
This puree can be considered a meal on its own for the little ones or a delicious side dish for older kids. nine0005
Colorful Carrot-Potato Puree
For many parents, carrots and potatoes are the simplest and most understandable type of complementary food for the baby. However, if you cook and serve standard products a little differently than usual, you can improve the traditional taste of a classic dish.
Young potatoes should not be chosen for baby puree - they contain a lot of starch. Carrots, on the contrary, it is better to buy young ones.
- Wash and peel the vegetables thoroughly and cut into cubes. nine0026
- It is better to cook mashed potatoes and carrots by steaming, vegetables should be boiled separately. Cook until tender, 20 minutes on average.
- Separately puree the vegetables in a blender, diluting with warm water if needed.
Both types of puree are beautifully placed on a plate without mixing: the child can decide for himself whether to mix food or eat separately.
Exotic variety: mango puree
Tropical fruits should not be offered to a small child before the age of 7-8 months and only if there was no allergy to other foods.
Mango is an aromatic fruit with an original pleasant taste. This fruit helps to overcome colds, reduce inflammation in the body, improve sleep and normalize the functioning of the stomach.
To feed the baby, ripened fruits should be selected - quite soft, yellow-red in color.
- Fruit should be peeled and pitted, cut into cubes. nine0026
- Put the raw mango into a blender, purée, transfer to a heavy-bottomed pot and simmer for a few minutes.
Older children may be offered uncooked mango puree. This fruit is completely independent - no need to add sugar or water!
Sweet pumpkin puree with apple
This puree is called sweet, as both pumpkin and apples are high in sugar. Such a dish is well suited as a dessert for children who already eat “serious” food well - vegetable purees and cereals. nine0005
In addition, such complementary foods are a great option for the autumn-winter period: seasonal products contain enough choline, a lot of fiber, natural proteins and vitamins (groups A, B, C, E, etc.), zinc, sodium, calcium and only!
- Pumpkins and apples must be peeled, peeled and seeds removed, cut into cubes and sent to a double boiler.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until the food is soft. Then place them in a blender bowl, add raisins and chop. If the child chews well, mash everything with a fork, and leave the raisins whole. nine0026
Hearty puree with celery and turkey
For older kids, meat is added to vegetable dishes - turkey fillet is an excellent option for developing a child's taste preferences. Appetizing and fragrant meat puree includes only three ingredients: celery root, turkey fillet, butter.
The proportion of meat and celery should be approximately 10:1, the amount of butter to your taste.
- The turkey fillet must be boiled in the "second stock" for about 20 minutes after boiling. nine0026
- Wash, peel and cut the celery root into cubes and put into the boiling broth 10 minutes before it is done.
- After cooking, beat the turkey and celery with a blender until puree, if necessary, add the broth.
- Salt to taste and add oil. For one children's serving, 3-5 grams of butter is enough.
A child from early childhood will begin to get used to full-fledged homemade food without the addition of preservatives and harmful components, and will grow up healthy and strong. In summer and autumn, parents can make preparations: prepare potatoes, carrots, beets, pumpkins and apples for storage (these products are stored for a long time - they do not need to be frozen), freeze berries and seasonal fruits, or roll ready-made mashed potatoes into jars! Homemade baby food without unnecessary flavor enhancers and salt is the best complementary food, warmed by mom's love.