O organics baby food reviews
EWG's Food Scores | O Organics Organic Baby Food, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot
EWG Overall Score Breakdown
The product score is based on weighted scores for nutrition, ingredient and processing concerns. Generally, nutrition counts most, ingredient concerns next and degree of processing least. The weighted scores are added together to determine the final score.
EWG Top Scoring Product
Read our full methodology
Considers calories, saturated fat, trans fat, sugar, sodium, protein, fiber and fruit, vegetable and nut content to differentiate between healthful and less healthful foods. For more information on nutrition concerns, read our full methodology.
Contains fruit, vegetables, beans or nuts as a primary ingredient 
The nutrition factors used for scoring O Organics Organic Baby Food, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot
Fruit, vegetable, bean or nut content
Omega-3 fatty acids
Sugar/low-calorie sweetener content
Saturated fat content
Trans fat content
Considers food additives, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics and contaminants like mercury and BPA, which can affect human health and the environment. For more information on ingredient concerns, read methodology.
Certified organic product 
No ingredient concerns identified for this product 
Estimates how much the food has been processed. Considers many factors, chief among them, modification of individual ingredients from whole foods and number of artificial ingredients. For more information on processing concerns, read our full methodology.
Product has been classified as having no processing concerns
Products with no processing concerns identified are generally whole foods without additives.
Please note that EWG obtains the displayed images of products from third parties and that the product's manufacturer or packager may change the product's packaging at any point in time. Therefore, EWG assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of images presented.
O Organics Baby Food, Organic, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot, Stage 2 (6 Months and Up) (4 oz) Delivery or Pickup Near Me
It's simple. Using the Instacart app or website, shop for products from your store of choice near you. Once you place your order, Instacart will connect you with a personal shopper in your area to shop and deliver your order. Contactless delivery is available with our "Leave at my door" option. You can track your order's progress and communicate with your shopper every step of the way using the Instacart app or website.
Learn more about how to place an order here.
Using the Instacart app or website, select a store of your choice near you that offers pickup, select Pickup, and then select your preferred pickup location from which you'd like to place your order.
Then, when you arrive at the store of your choice, use the Instacart app to notify us. Depending on the store, a shopper or store employee will bring the groceries to your car, or you can pick them up at the designated area.
Learn more about pickup orders here.
Here's a breakdown of Instacart delivery cost:
- Delivery fees start at $3. 99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It's a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
With an optional Instacart+ membership, you can get $0 delivery fee on every order over $35 and lower service fees too.
Instacart pickup cost:
- There may be a "pickup fee" (equivalent to a delivery fee for pickup orders) on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Instacart+ members. Instacart+ membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Instacart+ or Instacart+ membership.
Learn more about Instacart pricing here.
When an item you want is out-of-stock at the store, your shopper will follow your replacement preferences.
You can set item and delivery instructions in advance, as well as chat directly with your shopper while they shop and deliver your items. You can tell the shopper to:
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don't Replace: For items you'd rather not replace, choose "Don't replace" to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Learn more about instructions for specific items or replacements here.
No, O Organics Baby Food, Organic, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot, Stage 2 (6 Months and Up) is not gluten-free.
O Organics Baby Food, Organic, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot, Stage 2 (6 Months and Up) has 60. 0 calories.
O Organics Baby Food, Organic, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot, Stage 2 (6 Months and Up) has 14.0 carbs.
O Organics Baby Food, Organic, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot, Stage 2 (6 Months and Up) has 0.0 grams of sugar.
O Organics Baby Food, Organic, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot, Stage 2 (6 Months and Up) has 0.0 grams of fat.
O Organics Baby Food, Organic, Apple, Sweet Potato & Carrot, Stage 2 (6 Months and Up) has 25.0 grams of sodium.
Rating of the best baby food manufacturers
You can often hear from experienced mothers that the first years of parenthood are the most difficult. Indeed, young mothers and fathers must quickly solve many problems in raising and caring for a child. To swaddle or not to swaddle? How to choose good diapers, the right nipple and a good pediatrician? Until what age to breastfeed? When to introduce complementary foods? How to choose a baby food manufacturer?
Nutrition is the most important issue. The health and development of the baby directly depends on the quality of the food received. But how do you make a choice when store shelves are literally overflowing with products of various brands? Let's try to figure out how to find the best manufacturer of baby food in this abundance. nine0003
- Top 7 best manufacturers (brands) of baby food
- Kabrita® Gold (Ausnutria Group)
- FrutoNanny nine0010
Kabrita® Gold (Ausnutria Group)
Dutch brand of baby food, on the Russian market since 2012. For the production of products exclusively goat milk is used. In the line of baby food there are adapted mixtures for any age.
Goat milk nutrition is recommended by many pediatricians as the first choice for newborns. Goat milk is closer in its properties to breast milk. It also contains a small amount of α-casein, as well as in the mother. It is a heavy protein and it is difficult for a child's body to absorb it. For example, in any animal milk, the concentration of such a protein is many times higher. Therefore, any animal milk adapts during the production of mixtures, i.e. close in composition to breast milk. It should also be noted that initially goat's milk is still closer to breast milk in terms of the properties of its proteins. But, despite this, most manufacturers of infant formula take it as a basis, because cow's milk is more economical to produce. But even in an adapted form, a cow product can cause colic, gas formation and other digestive disorders in babies. In this regard, goat's milk is more friendly to the child's body. It is quickly absorbed thanks to the light β-casein. By the way, in breast milk, β-casein is also the main protein. This is the whole secret of goat milk and mixtures based on it. nine0003
It is very interesting to note that goat milk, unlike commercial cow milk (A1 milk), belongs to type A2. Differences also underlie the special structure of casein - the difference lies in just one amino acid in the chain of the beta-casein molecule. But it is this difference, among other things, that provides easier digestion and assimilation of goat's milk, helps to reduce flatulence and abdominal pain. Thus, goat's milk is more comfortable for the human digestive system. nine0003
Producer receives milk exclusively from private farms with whom he cooperates on a long-term basis. The high nutritional value and excellent taste of milk are achieved through the highest hygiene of the animals, excellent feed and the purest running water, as well as due to the separate keeping of males and females. Breeding goats requires a lot of effort and commercial investment, only in this case the goat's milk will have a pleasant soft sweetish creamy taste and will not smell like "goat". But it is the goat smell and taste that is the main obstacle to people in our country drinking goat milk more often and more. The Netherlands has historically specialized in goat farming and is the world leader in the production of commercial goat milk and goat milk products. nine0003
The Ausnutria Group has 4 own production sites. All of them are in Holland. Particularly noteworthy is the newest, one of the largest in Europe, milk formula plant, launched in 2018 in Heerenveen.
In addition to mixtures, the manufacturer produces cereals with adapted goat's milk, vegetable and fruit purees with the addition of goat's milk cream. They contain no sugar, salt, preservatives or flavors. Each product is additionally enriched with vitamins, minerals and healthy vegetable oils. nine0003
- Own raw material base
- Own production
- Compliance with high quality standards and international production safety systems.
- Complete composition of each product
- Free of preservatives and sugar, GMO
- Adapted to sensitive baby digestion
- No cow's milk added
- Formulated with vitamins, minerals, pre- and probiotics and other functional ingredients
- High cost
Baby food brand with a large selection of products. Now the manufacturer produces several types of formula based on cow's milk: Nan Optipro, Nan SUPREME, Nan Hypoallergenic, Nan fermented milk formula, Nestogen baby milk. A variety of products allows you to find food for any child's needs and age.
The company has a separate line of nutrition for the first complementary foods - this is the Gerber brand. In a wide range there are meat, vegetable and fruit purees, juices, milk and dairy-free cereals, bars and cereal snacks. nine0003
- Huge selection of food for every need
- Affordable price
- Free from preservatives, flavors and palm oil
- Continuous availability of products in children's and chain stores
- Some products contain maltodextrin (sweetener) and sugar
- Milk porridges are made from skimmed milk powder nine0025
- Wide range of products
- Additional fortification of nutrition with vitamins and minerals
- Natural ingredients
- Above average cost
- Some foods contain starch and sugar
- Thoroughly tested for product purity
- Free of colorants, preservatives and flavors
- Whole food without added sugar
- Not every store stocks the brand
- Affordable price
- Available in all children's and chain stores
- Nutrition enriched with vitamin and mineral complexes
- Some foods contain sugar and sweeteners
- Milk porridge base consists of whole milk
- Huge selection of products
- Sugar and salt free
- Low price
- Food free of flavors, preservatives and starch
- No infant formula in product line
- Natural composition without artificial additives
- Dairy products do not contain milk powder
- A wide range of baby food for all ages
- Affordable price
- Whole milk is present in baby formulas
Swedish manufacturer of baby food. The assortment includes products for all age levels: milk formulas, cereals, purees, juices, tea, cookies. The company is especially proud of its innovative formula for infant formula. It contains milk fats alpha-lactalbumins, which makes the mixture as close as possible to breast milk. This element protects the child's body from infectious diseases and helps mental development.
The brand produces a variety of products for the introduction of complementary foods: cereals of any kind, vegetable, meat, fruit purees, wellings (milk and grain drinks). nine0003
Organic baby food brand. The core values of the company are sustainable use of resources and environmental protection. All raw materials used for the production of products undergo rigorous testing for the presence of harmful substances. The brand has several certificates confirming the organic status of the goods. nine0003
The company produces dairy and hypoallergenic mixtures, vegetable, fruit, meat, fish purees, ready-made soups, cereals and drinks.
Brand of Danone, on the Russian market for over 20 years. The leading product line is infant formulas. Now the brand produces 3 types of mixtures: Nutrilon, Malyutka and Malyutka. Among them, you can find food for any request: mixtures for healthy children, hypoallergenic, sour-milk, lactose-free mixtures, as well as medical nutrition for babies with digestive disorders. nine0003
The company's second product is dairy and dairy-free cereals from Nutrilon and Malyutka. Danone also produces children's meat and fruit purees, dairy products for babies (milk, ready-made cereals, cottage cheese, yoghurts, biolact), juices. They can be found on the shelves under the Tema brand.
One of the most famous baby food manufacturers in Russia. The quality of products has been tested by generations of mothers. The company has its own testing center that checks food for compliance with safety standards. The brand produces fruit, vegetable, meat purees, juices, cereals, soups, fermented milk products, snacks and baby water. nine0003
Russian baby food brand with a 30-year history. The company carefully controls the quality at all stages from the farm to the finished product. Milk is accepted into production for a period of not more than 24 hours from the moment of milking. Raw materials are checked for the absence of antibiotics, protein and calcium levels are measured. The company also makes products for adult nutrition and claims that the lines of children's and adult products do not overlap. nine0003
The brand's assortment includes vegetable, fruit, meat purees, juices and drinks, ready-made milk and dairy-free cereals, cottage cheese, kefir, fermented baked milk, biolact, yogurt, ready-made sour-milk and milk mixtures, bread rolls, baby water.
Every parent understands that baby food should be safe, free from harmful additives, suitable for the child's age. But there is still such an important point as taste. This is a purely subjective concept. Therefore, after studying the composition, the product must be offered to the baby in order to evaluate his reaction. If the food was to your taste, it is important to trace how the child's body accepted it. Allergic manifestations, indigestion, regurgitation will indicate that the food is not suitable for the baby. nine0003
An ideal children's product is a combination of quality, usefulness, positive taste assessment by the child and positive acceptance of the product by the child's body.
Nitarts in baby food: myths and facts
Homemade baby food often gets negative reviews due to its nitrate content. But there are many misconceptions about nitrates in baby food. Prepare vegetable purees for the first feeding of a child on your own or buy ready-made baby food - you decide. We suggest that you first get acquainted with the opinion of the specialists of the American Academy of Pediatrics, who dispel the main myths when talking about nitrates in baby food.
Read also: Complementary feeding table for children up to a year: how to introduce products by month
Nitrates are natural salt compounds of nitrogen and oxygen that get into almost all vegetables that we eat from the soil. There are laboratory-derived nitrates that are used in fertilizers. Nitrate enters the human body either with vegetables or with drinking water. nine0003
It has been found that nitrates or nitrites are involved in the occurrence of methemoglobinemia. The adult stomach is not sensitive to the effects of nitrate, as it is able to produce a bacterium that prevents the conversion of nitrate to nitrite. It is nitrite that is the cause of poisoning and methemoglobinemia.
Read also: Nitrates cause birth defects
Nitarts in baby food: myths and facts
1. Manufacturer's baby food also contains nitrates. nine0044 Baby food manufacturers claim they test nitrate levels, which doesn't mean it's going down. Product testing for nitrate content is not required by law. Therefore, manufacturers are their own masters here. The concept of "product tested" is often confused with the concept of "product does not contain", especially since the content of nitrates in the product is a natural phenomenon that cannot be canceled.
2. Your child's chance of getting methemoglobinemia (nitrate poisoning) from homemade baby food (mashed carrots or other vegetables) is nil. nine0044 Yes, 0% chance. By the time you start giving your baby solid food, his stomach will already be developed enough that the usual level of nitrates will not pose a danger to him.
3. Children under three months are not recommended to give carrots and other vegetables. Naturally occurring nitrate levels found in green beans, carrots, squash, spinach, and beets equal or exceed nitrate levels in well water, placing the above foods on the same list as not recommended for children under three months of age. nine0003
Read also: Young vegetables for baby food: how to avoid nitrates
4. The greatest risk for children is drinking water from a well containing nitrates. The issue of water supply and water quality should be considered even before the birth of the child. If the family has its own well, the water in it should be tested for nitrate content. The concentration of nitrate nitrogen in such water should not exceed 10 ppm.
nine0043 5. Children who eat commercially available baby food are less at risk of nitrate poisoning. However, home-cooked vegetables (beans, carrots, squash, spinach) should not be introduced into the diet of a child under 3 months of age, although there are no prescriptions for the introduction of additional nutrients into the diet of a healthy 4-6-month-old child . Babies under four months old should also not be given homemade baby food made from spinach, beets, turnips, or greens. nine0003
6. The greatest risk of nitrate poisoning is in people with their own well. Children under six months of age are most sensitive and vulnerable, since in older children the stomach already produces certain acids in order to fight the bacterium that provokes the conversion of nitrate in the body and subsequent poisoning. Children who are formula-fed but live in the countryside or on a farm are also at risk. Nitrates that are used for agriculture and that are not absorbed by the soil end up in groundwater, polluting water resources. nine0003
As already noted, nitrate poisoning is a rare occurrence, which happens mainly due to contamination of groundwater, hence private wells. If you have concerns or doubts, please consult your pediatrician.
7. The highest concentration of nitrates in water, root vegetables and leafy vegetables such as spinach, lettuce and other greens. The amount and concentration of nitrates depends on the type of plant, on the temperature conditions of ripening, on the level of exposure to sunlight, on the level of soil moisture and on the level of natural nitrogen in the soil. nine0003
Table of vegetables with the highest concentration of nitrates
Root vegetables such as carrots, beets, and broccoli contain nitrates, although at much lower levels than leafy vegetables, which include spinach, kale, or other greens.
In the case of spinach, storage conditions also affect the increase in nitrate levels, so it is not recommended to add it to the diet of a child under 8-10 months old. nine0003
Read also: Broccoli in baby food
8. The nitrate content is lower in organic vegetables. If you are a supporter of homemade baby food, then pay attention to organic products. Such products are grown without the help of nitrate fertilizers, so the risk of nitrate contamination is minimized as much as possible, but not excluded.
9. Freezing vegetables does not increase nitrate levels. However, studies done on spinach, and nitrates in particular, have shown that if not properly stored and prepared, the nitrate content can actually increase.