Baby shower indian food menu
Baby Shower Menu Planning Ideas for Indians| Captain Joe
Throwing a baby shower can feel overwhelming – there are dozens of decisions to make! Theme, guest list, venue, games, and of course the food! When it comes to baby shower menu planning, you have to ensure that there are plenty of good food to eat for the guests – as well as consider what the mom-to-be can – or cannot – eat.
Tips for Baby Shower Menu Planning
While there are no hard and fast rules, here are a few guidelines to make your planning easier and to make the food a super-duper hit among the guests.
- Offer Short-Eats – If it’s a casual event, you can offer tiny finger foods instead of large meals. Most guests like to graze and nibble at baby showers. So, offering them self-serve starters is a great way to keep the conversation flowing, while enjoying their foods.
- Include a Variety of Options – When it comes to baby shower menu planning, you have to consider a wide range of dietary needs, including the preferences of the mom-to-be. Include multiple choices like non-vegetarian, egg, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free so that all guests can enjoy the meal without any dietary restrictions.
- Mess-free Desserts – Make it easy for guests to enjoy the foods while participating in the games and events by offering them mess-free desserts that they can eat while on the move. Cupcakes, cookies, brownies, single-serve ice-creams make for great desserts.
- Keep everyone hydrated – Make sure you have plenty of beverages and water in canisters so that guests can get a drink, whenever they feel parched. Serve infused water in glass jars. It not only adds to the décor but also incites guests to drink more water.
- Hire a Baby Shower Menu Caterer – Yes, you can prepare the food all by yourself, but that’s a challenging task, especially when you have dozens of guests to feed. Hire a professional baby shower caterer and relieve the burden. With a caterer, you can breathe easy knowing that the food department will be handled by professionals. You can focus on other tasks like welcoming guests, organising the events of the day and more.
Looking for what to include on your baby shower menu? Move on to the next section, as we’ve got some great food choices to include on your menu!
Baby Shower Menu Ideas for Non-Meal Times
If you’re planning a baby shower outside of major meal times, then you can keep the menu simple with a few starters, desserts and cake. Here are ideas on what you can include on the menu:
- Fruit salads
- Kebabs with dips
- Vegetable trays with dips
- Fruit punch
- Infused water
- Cake or dessert
Sample Baby Shower Menu for Brunch
A Sunday brunch is a great time to host a baby shower. Your guests are relaxed over the weekend and it’s a great time to slow down and socialise. Here are a few items to include on the menu:
- Egg varieties - omelets, boiled eggs, etc.
- Hash browns
- Fresh juices - orange, pomegranate, watermelon, etc.
- Muffins and sausages
- Paratha - Aloo paratha, gobi paratha, etc.
- French toast
- Bread, butter, and jam
- Pancakes with jams
- Coffee and tea
Sample Baby Shower Menu for Lunch
Lunch is another popular time to host a baby shower. If you’re planning a baby shower around lunch, then make sure to include a substantial food offering as guests are likely to feel hungry after the event.
- Finger sandwiches
- Starters - both vegetarian and non-vegetarian
- Vegetarian and non-vegetarian main course - curry and rice
- Indian breads
- Dessert -Gulab Jamun, brownies/cupcakes, puddings and ice-cream
Sample Baby Shower Menu for Dinner
Generally, baby showers are not hosted during dinners as the mom-to-be is likely to feel drained out and tired at the end of the day. If you plan to organise a baby shower during dinner, here are some suggestions to include on the menu:
- Soups –hot or cold, depending on the weather
- Salads again serve a mix of hot and cold salads
- Appetisers include a variety of options like kebabs, BBQ, fries, etc.
- Indian breads - parathas, naans, rotis, phulka, etc.
- A couple of pulao varieties
- Dessert ice-cream, puddings are good choices for dinner parties
Ideas for Welcome Drinks for a Baby Shower
|Seasonal Fruit Juices
Ideas for Starters for a Baby Shower
|Chicken/Paneer/Gobi Manchurian Dry
Ideas for Main Course for a Baby Shower
Ideas for Desserts for a Baby Shower
Irrespective of when you host a baby shower, the food will help to set the tone of the event. Casual relaxed food helps to keep the conversations going and get the guests mingling. On the other hand, a formal sit-down meal will make the event feel more formal. There's no right and wrong choice. It all depends on your preferences, the style of the event, the guest list and the preferences of the mommy-to-be.
Remember, ultimately a baby shower is a celebration – a celebration of the mommy-to-be. There's no right or wrong way to celebrate. It all depends on what works for you and your family. So, go ahead and throw an awesome baby shower and enjoy the special moments in life.
50 Unique Food Menu Ideas for Baby Shower
- Pregnancy Food Menu Ideas for Baby Shower That Will Make Your Guests Go Wow
A baby shower is an occasion of warmth and hope. If you are the one hosting a baby shower at your place, make it a memorable for the mom-to-be and for the guests as well. Food is the heart and soul of every party, so the menu you decide for a baby shower should also be impeccable. To help you plan the best baby shower, we bring some fantastic food suggestions for you. Here are some ‘tasty’ food menu ideas for your baby shower. Consider the options and take your pick.
When it comes to baby shower food ideas, budget recipes offer an astounding variety and are the best bet.
1. Welcome Drinks
- Lemonade: Squeeze some lemons into a jug of cold water and add some sugar. Stir well, your lemonade will be ready to serve.
- Mocktails: You can substitute cocktails with an apple juice, cranberry juice, and orange juice. You can mix these, add crushed ice, and serve in attractive glasses.
- Mojito: Muddle mint leaves lime wedges in a jar. Add sugar and crushed ice to it. Then add plain soda and stir. The goodness of mojito will make each and every guest happy.
- Cherry coke: Add some wild cherry mix to a soda drink and get a tangy cola drink.
- Infused water: Leave cut fruits of your choice in water for an hour. Let it cool and serve at the party. Wow your guests with the fruit-infused drink.
- Milkshake: In a blender, take some milk and vanilla ice cream. Add vanilla extract and sugar(if required), chocolate sauce, and blend. Let it cool, then serve.
- Retro Juice: Make a juice of any fruit of your choice, and serve in retro cola bottles for a fun experience.
- Cider: Take apple cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, and orange juice in a pot and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat, and strain. Serve warm.
- Tea: Serve some hot lemon tea in you are hosting the event on a Sunday afternoon.
- Fruit punch: Make a fun punch with the juices of several fruits and offer guests a tangy surprise.
- Grilled cheese: Make batches of grilled cheese sandwiches and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Sausage wraps: Grill some sausages. Spread mustard sauce on tortillas, then place sausages on the centre of the tortillas, shred some cheese, and roll them.
- Nachos: Serve a platter of nachos with mayonnaise and guacamole dips for a fuss-free finger food option.
- Chicken tikka: Chicken Tikkas are one of the most loved starters, and we are sure that your guests will love eating these. You can make chicken tikkas at home or order it from outside if you don’t want to get into the lengthy process of making them.
- Tomato-cheese skewers: A toothpick, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, olive oil, and spices of your choice are all you need for this delicious option.
- Sliders: Cut up your burger bread into four wedges and slide in some ham and cream cheese.
- Bhajiyas: Bhajias are common snacks that we love to eat any time of the year. And so will your guests. Make this traditional Indian snacks to delight your guests.
- Mac ‘n’ Cheese: Cook a batch of everyone’s favourite macaroni and cheese and serve them in small muffin baskets.
- Crackers: Line up some cheese on crackers to make the simplest starters of all times.
- Popcorn: It doesn’t have to be a movie night to eat popcorns, you can make it just about anytime. You can serve popcorn as starters too.
3. Main Course
- Pulav: When it comes to baby shower food ideas, Indian is the way to go when deciding food for the main course. Start with a simple, tasty pulao that can accompany any other dish.
- Fried rice: If you don’t want to make pulao, you can make fried rice. It’s much easier. Sauté all your favourite veggies, add cooked rice, and mix well. Add some roasted cashews if you like. Your fancy rice is ready for fancy rice dish!
- Open sandwiches: With some cream cheese and natural food colours, make the most interesting of open sandwiches where each guest gets her own special combination.
- Stuffed peppers: Scoop out the insides of your yellow and red bell peppers and stuff them with healthy meat fillings. Let these stuffed peppers be the highlight of the main course.
- Churro banana bites: To make these, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until they mix. Heat coconut oil in a pan, add banana slices and cook them. Add sugar and cinnamon mix on it and cook well. Your churro banana bites are ready to serve.
- Lasagna: This yummy Italian dish is quite popular in India. If you want to serve a dish that is rich in cheese, lasagna should be your choice.
- Pancakes: Make a batch of mini pancakes and place them in attractive plates so that your guests can help themselves. Le them dip these tasty pancakes into honey and maple syrup bowls and enjoy.
- Sandwiches: Cut off the crusts of your sandwich bread and cut them diagonally for the most dainty cucumber sandwiches ever.
- Veggie wrap: Don’t underestimate the power of vegetables. You can place veggies and meat slices in a wrap, and serve good health to your guests.
- Pizza: Order pizzas from your favourite outlets and serve them to your guests.
- Pasta: You can make pasta at home without much fuss. Boil pasta, add your favourite veggies, olive oil, salt, and the spices of your choice. Your pasta salad is ready to eat.
- Fruits: Buy fresh fruits from the market, wash them, cut them into uniform pieces and place them in a glass bowl. Serve your guests some healthy fruit salad.
- Peas ‘n’ shrimp: The perfect summer food, mix some snap-peas with shrimps for a light meal.
- Cucumber ‘n’ Ham: Slice cucumbers into thin strips and toss them with ham slices.
- Meat: Make a warmer salad with broiled tomatoes, meat, and baby cress.
- Bananas ‘n’ nuts: Chop up some bananas and almonds, drizzle with honey.
- Salad bar: Instead of mixing the salad and watching it go soggy, dice the veggies and set up a salad bar!
- Quinoa: Surprise your guests with an exotic Mediterranean quinoa salad.
- Caesar bowls: Make small bowls of the all-time favourite, Caesar salad.
- Avocado tuna: For your fish-loving guests, dice some avocado and toss it in a tuna mix.
- Yoghurt parfait: Fill up some store-bought ice-cream cones with yoghurt and cereal, to create the perfect parfaits.
- Strawberry bowls: You can serve fresh strawberries with chocolate dip, and your guests will love them.
- Oreo surprise: Take vanilla ice cream in bowls, add oreo cookies on top, sprinkle some crushed Oreo cookie on it and serve.
- Coconuts and chocolate: Slice some coconuts and drizzle them with chocolate for dessert on the go.
- Cake bites: Buy a celebratory cake and divide it into bite-sized pieces, and serve them to your guests.
- No-bake choco balls: You can also make no-bake coconut and chocolate balls for the guests who love anything and everything that has chocolate in it.
- Cake pops: Bake some quick cake pops with any cake mix you have at hand.
- Ice-cream sandwiches: Use any digestive biscuits to make Ice cream sandwiches. Take one biscuit, layer some vanilla ice cream on it, top it with other biscuits. Make some more and give it to your guests.
- Melon bassinet: Cut a quarter of a watermelon out and carve out the insides to make a baby-themed bassinet that guests can eat out of.
- Fruit bowl: Add your favourite fruits and berries in vanilla ice-cream and a tasty dessert will be ready in no minutes.
These were some food menu ideas you can consider for your baby shower party. So sharpen your knives and with just a little effort, put together a feast that your guests and the mother-to-be will remember forever.
Fun and Exciting Games for Baby Shower
Essential Checklist to Plan a Baby Shower
Unique Decoration Ideas for Baby Shower (Godh Bharai)
Previous article « 20 Home Office Design Ideas That Will Enhance Your Productivity
Next article Couple Yoga Posses to Strengthen Your Relationship »
Aarohi Achwal holds a bachelor’s degree in Commerce and a master’s degree in English Literature. While working as an intern for an English daily, she realised that she likes writing above anything else. The idea of being heard without having to speak appeals to her. She likes to write research-based articles that are informative and relevant. She has written articles on pregnancy, parenting, and relationships. And she would like to continue creating content on health and lifestyle.
- RELATED ARTICLES
TOP 10 Indian dishes that will become your favorites
Sharp, fragrant and so colorful Indian cuisine leaves no one indifferent. Either love at first sight, or the European stomach will protest against attempts to feed it with such spicy and unusual food.
It’s funny to watch how tourists, when ordering in an Indian cafe, convince the waiter to make a dish “no spicy and nou masala”, which is nonsense in itself: all Indian cuisine basically consists of a set of spices - masala, which is individual for each cook . On the basis of this mixture of spices, sauces are prepared, which are flavored with rice, meat, vegetables, and masala is also added to drinks. nine0003
Let's discuss what dishes Indians love the most and what a traveler in India should try.
Curry is a sauce, "seasoning" for rice. In India, the word " curry " refers to a variety of vegetable, fish and meat dishes using sauce. Curry is prepared from a mixture of spices, onion, garlic, tomato paste and coconut milk. Meat or vegetables are cut into slices and stewed in a fragrant and bright sauce. The use of turmeric, ginger and hot pepper is a must! nine0003
An integral part of Indian cuisine. The most common types of Indian flatbread are chapatis and naan . They are cooked from wheat flour in a frying pan or oven. The cakes are broken off and dipped into food or used as a spoon. They also drink tea with cakes or eat them as a main course, adding vegetables, cheese, potatoes or meat.
Paneer Butter Masala
One of the mildest Indian dishes that even children love. nine0021 Paneer is a special cheese that is pre-fried in oil. Separately, a sauce is prepared from heavy cream, onions, tomatoes and various spices. Fried cheese is added to the finished sauce and served with rice as a side dish.
Dough balloons fried in boiling oil are a very popular fast food on Indian streets. A finger is pressed on the ball to scoop up broth with spices or aromatic sauce inside. Pani puri is also prepared with stuffing inside. nine0003
Tandoori is an oven in which marinated chicken is baked over high heat. The marinade is prepared from yogurt and spices, the chicken is used whole or in parts. Marinade and high cooking temperature (300-400 degrees) allow you to get a finished dish in 15 minutes. The chicken turns bright red, looks appetizing and tempting. By the way, the red color signals danger - the dish is extremely spicy, be prepared!
Incredibly popular deep fried dough dish. Most often, the Indian version of samosa is prepared with a vegetable filling of potatoes, lentils, onions and peas. But you can also find a meat version of a triangular envelope.
The name of the dish literally means " meat stewed in melted butter over high heat ". Basically, it's a lamb curry. Rogan Josh is a tolerably spicy dish, and distinguishes itself from other types of curries that are predominantly yellow, orange, or green in color by its red color. This is due to Kashmiri pepper, which is similar in taste and color to paprika. nine0003
Chicken fillet cooked in tandoor in a creamy tomato sauce with spices. Thanks to the sauce, the dish is moderately spicy, the cream softens the influence of hot pepper. The dish is served with rice, naan cake, flavored with cilantro.
Vegetarians will appreciate the potato and cauliflower dish. It would seem that simple vegetables get a piquant taste thanks to Indian spices.
A distinctive feature of Indian cuisine is that every family and chef has their own unique spice mix - masala , which is added to all dishes. Tea is no exception. They take tea, a sweetener, a mixture of spices as a basis and brew it with hot milk. It turns out a spicy and aromatic drink that perfectly quenches thirst and warms the soul.
Do you like spicy food?
prices, menu, address, photo, reviews - Official website of Restoclub
Stylish Indian restaurant. The interior of the two halls harmoniously combines the signs of colonial and modern styles; in summer there is a terrace overlooking the embankment. A team of chefs from India is responsible for the kitchen, but most of the dishes are adapted. In the cocktail menu you can find author's mixes on rum, vodka or bourbon with oils and spices.
Quotes from the menu of the Life of Pi restaurant
Having doubts about the Life of Pi restaurant? nine0109 look at the alternative options:
Estates near the metro station "Park Culture"
View 100 institutions →
Near the metro station "Sports"
View 61 institution 33 locations →
View 2573 locations →
What's happening around
June 5, 2018
I can’t say
Normal food, not VAU.
Not a single exotic drink was found, solid fast food. nine0109 But the interior is generally melancholy (((no authenticity and atmosphere of India! It rather resembles a former club, where tables were placed in the center of the dance floor.
Parking is paid..
Food and service
A girl dragged me to Pi's Life restaurant, you see, she wanted to try Indian cuisine. ), and I ordered lentil soup for myself, as they promised me that it would be spicy. The soup really turned out to be spicy, just like I like it, I ate it so quickly that I didn’t even notice. There are no complaints about food, as well as to service - the waiters were always in the right place, at the right time.0003
March 5, 2017
The service and food at the Life of Pi restaurant is simply top notch. The waiters are great - they did everything quickly and flawlessly, always with a smile on their faces. Only because of them could the restaurant put a huge plus. Now a few words about food. Ordered shrimp curry, chicken in spices and flatbread. I haven't been to India, but I think this is how Indian food should be. Everything is incredibly tasty, what unusual combinations of spices that I have never tried. I advise everyone, and I will definitely return there myself. nine0003
January 13, 2017
Restaurant "Life Pi" turned out to be a very good establishment. The service is top notch, from the waiters to the sommelier. The sommelier is amazing, based on our preferences, she picked up just the perfect wine, seriously, this is the first time this has happened to me. We ordered a lot and liked almost everything. The only negative was that the aperol was brought in small glasses, although they are usually served in huge ones. nine0003
March 2, 2016
Interior From time to time we meet with her in this institution. I never considered Indian cuisine to be something special, but I liked the dishes cooked here. It's good that you can slightly adjust the taste of dishes by spices (ask for less spicy or spicy), because specific Indian spices are not to everyone's liking. Russian waiters in Indian sarries are also a feature of the establishment, very nice. Of the dishes - delicious rice in any form, vegetables in nut sauce, salad with seafood. Good selection of drinks, delicious tea. nine0003
January 24, 2016
Interior The interior is modernized, for an amateur.
When ordering a dish at Life of Pi, you can ask to be made less spicy, and they will meet you halfway. Very good selection of teas, excellent service. nine0109 It is better to book a table for the evening, this place is clearly in demand.
April 3, 2018
This user's review was not verified Our verification system takes into account user information and many other factors.