Earth organics baby food
Earth's Best | Organic Food for Babies, Infants, Toddlers and Kids
With Dr. Deena Blanchard, full-time mom and pediatrician.
Request Earth’s Best Organic® Infant Formula and Product Coupons for Your Patients
Since 1985, we've led the organic baby food movement. With quality ingredients, simply packaged and available in regular stores for reasonable prices. All because we believe every baby deserves an organic start in life.
I just wanted to write to you letting you know that my daughter loves your baby food! We have tried other brands and she just wasn't really into it. I decided to give Earths Best a try and she loves it!! I have never heard of Earths Best before! I am so glad I decided to give it a try! I love organic and I love how this is affordable to people!
Michelle B, AL
Hello Earths Best! I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your products. Specificly your infant formula. My twin girls are 8 months old and I have recently transitioned them from breast milk to earths best and it was a smooth transition and they love it. We more than anything appreciate that tour products are non gmo and do not have added corn syrup solids like most formulas on the market now! Thank you so much! We will definitely continue using your products!
Logan N, MI
Love all products! Especially your formula! !We've used it for our 4 year old 2 year old and now we will be using it for our newborn! Thank you!
Kachina B, WI
Nurturing our Future
As your little one grows, you’ll have to make a lot of important decisions. With Earth’s Best Organic® products, choosing quality is easy. Our products are grounded in a humble appreciation for the earth, and are produced without the use of potentially harmful pesticides, which allows us to protect the environment for generations to come.
Looking for something specific?
Time-trusted and safe, we strive to provide better for baby products made with pure ingredients to help children grow up strong and healthy.
Diapers & Wipes
To keep your baby’s delicate skin fresh and clean, we thoughtfully provide chlorine free…
Infant & Toddler Formula
Earth’s Best Formulas come in Dairy, Soy, Sensitivity, Gentle, and Toddler…
Infant & Baby Foods - Cereal, Purees, & Jarred Foods
Nurture your baby’s development with organic cereal and pureed foods, in convenient packaging.
Discover wholesome products including breakfast foods, entrees and snacks for your toddler from…
Foods For Special Diets
The Earth’s Best® brand team believes that everyone should be able to enjoy our delicious products…
Oral Care For Kids
We offer a line of earth-friendly oral care products for infants and toddlers.
Earth's Best Baby Food Recall 2022: Everything You Need To Know
Updated on 17 September 2022 • 11 minute read
As much as 95% of baby foods might have high levels of toxic heavy metals. The baby food manufacturers know it but are getting away with selling these tainted items to unsuspecting customers. (1)(2)
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (Earth’s Best Organic) is among the popular name brands in the recent Congressional baby food safety reports released last February and September 2021. These reports showed that several popular brands knowingly released baby food products with very high heavy metal content. (2)(3)
Have there been any Earth’s Best Baby Food recalls in response to the baby food safety reports? What was the response of the other popular baby food manufacturers to these reports? Did they issue a recall on their tainted products? Find out more below.
Is Earth’s Best Baby Food Recalled?
No recalls on Earth’s Best Baby Food products have been issued by the FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) or the company concerning toxic elements in the baby food safety reports. (2)(3)(4)
These were the only Earth’s Best baby food recalls that have been issued:
Earth’s Best Baby Food Recall (2007)
On February 9, 2007, Hain Celestial Group Inc. recalled Earth’s Best Organic (stage 2) products that may have been contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. This pathogen can cause botulism (a severe form of food poisoning). (5)
These products were recalled: (5)
- Apple Peach Barley Wholesome Breakfast (4.5-ounce jars in individual packs and 4.5-ounce jars in 12 packs) with UPC 23923-20223 and expiry date of September 14, 2008
- Wholesome Breakfast Variety Pack (12 pack) with UPC 23923-20295 and expiry date of September 13, 2008
No illnesses have been reported relevant to this baby food recall. But affected consumers were instructed to dispose of the products, even if these didn’t look spoiled or contaminated. (5)
The FDA warned that botulism can cause: (5)
- Blurred vision
- Slurred speech
- Difficulty swallowing
- Restricted breathing or even death in severe cases
Hain Celestial Group Inc. said that it has distributed 4,072 cases of the specified individual jars with 24 jars per case and 38,298 variety packs with the specified jars.
If you bought these products, you may contact the company at 1-800-434-4246 for a refund.
Earth’s Best Baby Food In Congressional Reports
Which Baby Food Brands Are Toxic?
The US House Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy, headed by Chairman Raja Krishnamoorthi, called on these popular baby food manufacturers to submit their internal policies and heavy metal test results: (2)
- Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (Earth’s Best Organic)
- Nurture, Inc. (HappyBABY and HappyTOT)
- Beech-Nut Nutrition Company (Beech-Nut)
- Campbell’s Plum Organics
- Walmart Inc. (Parent’s Choice)
- Sprout Foods, Inc. (Sprout Organic Foods)
Hain, Nurture, Beech-Nut, and Gerber were the only brands that submitted their results and internal policies for the first Subcommittee Report. Yet the results showed alarmingly high levels of toxic metals. (2)
The Subcommittee expressed concern over these findings, especially because studies have shown that exposure to heavy metals can negatively affect your growing child’s body and brain development. (1)(6)(7)
According to the Subcommittee, these companies knew that their products had dangerous levels of heavy metals but didn’t correct them to meet government regulations. Instead, they increased their maximum levels so these products could pass. (2)
The FDA’s inorganic arsenic limit is 100 ppb (parts per billion) for infant rice cereals, but these companies increased their limits: (2)(8)
- Hain (arsenic): 200 ppb
- Beech-Nut (arsenic): 3,000 ppb
- Nurture (arsenic): 115 ppb
The FDA set these maximum limits for bottled water: (8)
- 10 ppb inorganic arsenic
- 5 ppb cadmium
- 5 ppb lead
But the baby food companies increased their internal limits to several times the FDA standards: (2)
- Hain (lead): 200 ppb
- Hain (cadmium): 200 ppb
- Beech-Nut (lead): 5,000 ppb
- Beech-Nut (cadmium): 3,000 ppb
Is Earth’s Best Baby Food Safe?
Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (makers of Earth’s Best Organic) told the Subcommittee that it doesn’t test for heavy metal content. Instead, “theoretical calculations” are done based on the raw ingredients’ results. (2)
The company set internal limits that are higher than FDA standards: (2)
- Arsenic: 200 ppb
- Lead: 200 ppb
- Cadmium: 200 ppb
But they still released products with toxic content much higher than their internal testing standards: (2)
- Up to 309 ppb (raw ingredients)
- Up to 129 ppb (finished baby food products)
- No mercury test.
- Up to 352 ppb (raw ingredients)
- Up to 260 ppb (raw ingredients)
Second Congressional Report
According to the follow-up report released by the House Subcommittee in September 2021 based on independent tests conducted by the state of Alaska, the companies still produce the same products with harmful heavy metal content. (2)(3)
None of the baby food companies mentioned in the first report notified the public of their heavy metal content or recalled the tainted products. (3)
Earth’s Best In Baby Food Lawsuits
Several class suits have been filed against the companies listed on the first Congressional Report, including Hain Celestial Group Inc. (manufacturer of Earth’s Best baby food products). (9)(10)
A class suit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York City, New York, in February 2021 claims that Hain “misleadingly portrays” its Earth’s Best Organic products as “time-trusted and safe” and “are made from pure ingredients to help children grow up strong and healthy.” (9)
Another lawsuit was filed against the makers of Earth’s Best Organic, Gerber, Beech-Nut, and Happy Baby for producing baby foods with toxic metals that allegedly caused harm to at least seven children diagnosed with autism in Las Vegas, Nevada. (10)
The first Congressional Report was used as the basis of this lawsuit, with the companies accused of “knowingly selling tainted baby foods” to unsuspecting parents. (10)
Earth’s Best In HBBF Comprehensive Food Safety Test
Aside from the Congressional Subcommittee’s reports, other baby food safety reports have also shown the worrisome status of the baby food industry in the US.
In 2019, an HBBF (Healthy Babies Bright Futures) report showed that as much as 95% of baby foods from different brands sold in the US might have high levels of toxic heavy metals. (1)
HBBF commissioned independent tests of 168 baby foods from 61 brands. (1)
The tests had alarming results: (1)
- Arsenic: 73% of baby foods
- Lead: 94% of baby foods
- Mercury: 32% of baby foods
- Cadmium: 75% of baby foods
What’s alarming is that 26% of these tested baby foods have all four toxic chemicals in a single container. (1)
Acknowledging the absence of a known safe level for heavy metal exposure, HBBF urges baby food manufacturers to establish a goal of having no measurable amounts of heavy metals in any baby and children’s food. (1)
Earth’s Best Products’ Test Results In HBBF Study
The following are some of Earth’s Best baby foods tested in the HBBF study: (1)
Earth’s Best Whole Grain Rice Cereal
- Total arsenic: 138 ppb
- Inorganic arsenic: 113 ppb
- Lead: 22.5 ppb
- Cadmium: 14.7 ppb
- Mercury: 2.41 ppb
Earth’s Best Chicken and Brown Rice Organic Baby Food, 6+ months
- Total arsenic: 34.4 ppb
- Inorganic arsenic: 13 ppb
- Lead: 18.3 ppb
- Cadmium: 1.9 ppb
- Mercury: 0.232 ppb
Earth’s Best Whole Grain Oatmeal Cereal
- Total arsenic: 29.5 ppb
- Inorganic arsenic: 27 ppb
- Lead: 2 ppb
- Cadmium: 20. 1 ppb
Earth’s Best Sweet Potatoes Organic Baby Food, 4+ months
- Total arsenic: 3.3 ppb
- Inorganic arsenic: (not measurable)
- Lead: 14.7 ppb
- Cadmium: 4.6 ppb
Earth’s Best Sesame Street Organic Peanut Butter Baked Corn Puffs
- Total arsenic: 4.4 ppb
- Inorganic arsenic: (not measurable)
- Lead: 1.3 ppb
- Cadmium: 26 ppb
Earth’s Best Sunny Days Snack Bars – Sweet Potato Carrot
- Total arsenic: 13. 9 ppb
- Inorganic arsenic: (not measurable)
- Lead: 3.8 ppb
- Cadmium: 10.5 ppb
- Mercury: 0.161 ppb
The following Earth’s Best products also have measurable toxic heavy metal content, but all are within government regulations: (1)
- Carrots Organic Baby Food, 6+ months
- First Carrots Organic Baby Food, 4+ months
- Winter Squash Organic Baby Food, 6+ months
- First Peas Organic Baby Food, 4+ months
- Apples Organic Baby Food, 6+ months
- First pears, 4+ months
- Spinach and Potato Organic Baby Food, 6+ months
- Organic Turkey Quinoa Apple Sweet Potato (Homestyle Meal Puree)
- Organic Chicken Pot Pie Homestyle Meal Puree
- Organic Sweet Potato Cinnamon Flax & Oat (Breakfast Puree), 6+ months
- Sesame Street Organic Fruit Yogurt Smoothie (Apple Blueberry)
- Organic Sensitivity – DHR/ARA Infant Formula (Organic Milk-Based Powder with Iron)
Earth’s Best In Consumer Reports Food Safety Test
In 2018, Consumer Reports tested 50 baby foods for heavy metals. The independent study showed that all the packaged baby foods tested have measurable levels of at least one toxic metal. (4)
At least fifteen baby foods tested by Consumer Reports may pose potential health risks, even if eaten just once a day. (4)
Consumer Reports expressed alarm over these results: (4)
- About 68% of baby foods can have high levels of at least one toxic metal.
- Products containing sweet potatoes or rice can have higher toxic metal levels.
- Organic foods can have similar heavy metal content as conventional baby foods.
Despite these troubling results, Consumer Reports explained that eating these foods doesn’t automatically cause health and growth issues for your baby. But regular intake of these foods may increase the risk of developing these health problems. (4)
Still, Consumer Reports warned that young children exposed to other toxic chemical sources (such as lead paint or contaminated water) can have increased risks. (4)
Baby Foods With Limited Daily Intake
These products may pose “more concern” and are best eaten in moderation (with daily serving limits): (4)
Earth’s Best Organic
- Chicken & Brown Rice (
- Sunny Days Snack Bars, Strawberry (
- Whole Grain Oatmeal Cereal (
- Sweet Potatoes, 1st Stage (
- Whole Grain Rice Cereal (
- Banana Rice Rusks (
- Vegetable Rice Rusks (3 servings)
Happy Baby Organics
- Organic Probiotic Baby Cereal (
- Organics Superfood Puffs, Apple & Broccoli (
- Organics Superfood Puffs, Purple Carrot & Blueberry (
- Classics Sweet Potatoes (
- Complete Rice Single Grain Baby Cereal (
- Complete Oatmeal Whole Grain Baby Cereal (
- Organic Oatmeal Whole Grain Baby Cereal (
- Turkey & Rice (
- Lil’ Meals flavor White Turkey Stew With Rice and Vegetables (
- Carrot, Pear & Blackberry (
- Carrots Peas & Corn With Lil’ Bits (
- Oatmeal Single Grain Cereal (
- Organic Oatmeal Cereal (
- Graduates Arrowroot Cookies (
- Graduates Cinnamon Graham Animal Crackers (
- Graduates Banana Cookies (
- Graduates Waffle Wheels Puffed Grain Snack, Banana Cream (
- Graduates Lil’ Biscuits Vanilla Wheat (
- Graduates Cereal Bars, Strawberry Banana (
- Little Yums Organic Teething Wafers, Pumpkin & Banana (
- Just Sweet Potato Organic Baby Food (
- Mighty Sticks Whole Grain Snacks, Berry Beet (
Parent’s Choice (Walmart)
- Little Puffs Cereal Snack, Strawberry Apple (
- Quinoa Puffs Baby Cereal Snack, Apple Kale (
- Garden Vegetables Brown Rice With Turkey (
Baby Foods With No Daily Limits
These products have low levels of heavy metals. They may pose “less concern” and have no daily limits for consumption, based on the same report: (4)
- Apples + Strawberries Nibbly Fingers
- Classics Apple, Pear & Banana
- Naturals Carrot, Broccoli, Apple & Strawberry
- Organic Just Apple & Green Beans
- Organic Peas, Green Beans, and Avocado
- Quinoa Crispies, Vanilla
Happy Baby Organics
- Purple Carrots, Bananas, Avocados & Quinoa
- Graduates Puffs Cereal Snack, Strawberry Apple
- Lil’ Beanies Baked Snack Made With Beans, White Cheddar & Broccoli
- Lil’ Crunchies Baked Corn Snack Mild Cheddar
- Lil’ Crunchies Baked Corn Snack Vanilla Maple
- Organic Puffs, Puffed Grain Snack, Apple
- Lil’ Entrées Chicken & Brown Rice With Peas & Corn
- Grabbers Strong Veggies, Broccoli, Carrot, Banana, Pineapple
- Organic Peas, Carrots & Beets
- Breakfast Buddies Hot Cereal With Real Fruit, Apple Cinnamon
Other Popular Baby Food Companies In The Congressional Reports
Nurture, Inc.(HappyBABY, HappyTOTS, And Happy Family Organics)
Is Happy BABY organic baby food safe?
Nurture, Inc. submitted these test results to the Subcommittee: (2)
- Up to 180 ppb (variation: Apple & Broccoli Puffs)
- Up to 160 ppb (variation: Strawberry & Beet Puffs)
- Up to 160 ppb (variation: Banana & Pumpkin Puffs)
- Up to 100 ppb (over 25% of Nurture baby products)
- Up to 10 ppb (variation: Brown Rice Cereal Canister)
- Up to 9.8 ppb (variation: Banana Sweet Potato)
- Up to 641 ppb (variation: Blueberry Purple Carrot)
- Up to 560 ppb (variation: Multi-Grain Cereal Canister)
- Up to 10 ppb (variation: Nurture vegetables and rice products)
- Up to 49 ppb (variation: Multi-Grain Cereal Canister)
- Up to 36 ppb (variation: Strawberry Raspberry)
- Up to 5 ppb (around 65% of Nurture products)
Gerber Products Company
Gerber only tests the heavy metal content of raw materials, not in the finished products. (2)
- No mercury test.
- Up to 90 ppb (rice flour, raw ingredient)
- Up to 48 ppb (sweet potatoes, raw ingredient)
- More than 5 ppb in carrots (75% of raw ingredients)
- Up to 87 ppb (carrots, raw ingredient)
- No cadmium test for other raw materials
Campbell Soup Company (Plum Organics) Results
The Subcommittee said that Campbell Soup Company refused to submit their internal standards or actual test results but insisted that their baby foods “meet criteria.” (2)
So, the Subcommittee released these test results for Plum Organics (variant: Just Sweet Potato) from the HBBF report: (1)
- Less than 0.142 ppb
- Up to 3. 1 ppb
- Up to 5.6 ppb
- Up to 2.3 ppb
Test results from Plum Organics were published in the new report by the Subcommittee. But these showed that the products have higher heavy metal content than those in the HBBF report: (1)(3)
- Arsenic: Over 200 ppb arsenic (all Plum’s Super Puff rice-based products)
- Lead: Over 5 ppb lead (54.5% of all Plum Organics products)
- Cadmium: Over 5 ppb cadmium (38.3% of all Plum Organics products)
Walmart Inc. (Parent’s Choice)
According to the Subcommittee, Walmart refused to submit internal standards or test results. The following are data from the HBBF report: (1)(2)
- Up to 108 ppb (variation: Organic Strawberry Rice Rusks)
- Up to 56. 1 ppb (variation: Little Hearts Strawberry Yogurt Cereal Snack)
- Up to 2.05 ppb (variation: Organic Strawberry Rice Rusks)
- Up to 0.941 ppb (variation: Little Hearts Strawberry Yogurt Cereal Snack)
- Up to 26.9 ppb (variation: Organic Strawberry Rice Rusks)
- Up to 5.2 ppb (variation: Little Hearts Strawberry Yogurt Cereal Snack)
- Up to 26.1 ppb (variation: Little Hearts Strawberry Yogurt Cereal Snack)
- Up to 2.4 ppb (variation: Organic Strawberry Rice Rusks)
Does Sprout Baby Food Contain Arsenic?
The company never responded to the Subcommittee. These test results for Organic Quinoa Puffs Baby Cereal Snack (variation: Apple Kale) are from the HBBF report: (1)(2)
- Up to 107 ppb
- Up to 1. 31 ppb
- Up to 39.3 ppb
- Up to 41.5 ppb
Beech-Nut Nutrition Company (Beech-Nut)
Beech-Nut declared that all its ingredients passed internal standards. However, they had set much higher maximum limits than FDA standards for similar foods. So, these results still fail government regulations: (2)
- No mercury test.
- Up to 913.4 ppb (raw materials)
- More than 300 ppb (in additives or ingredients used in various products)
- Up to 886.9 ppb (raw materials)
- Up to 344.55 ppb (raw materials)
How Heavy Metals Get Into Food
Heavy metals can be found on the Earth’s surface. Still, the toxic chemicals in food may come from contaminated water or soil due to pesticides and other farming practices. (4)
Contamination may also be possible from tainted machinery or manufacturing processes used in making baby foods. (4)
Reducing Heavy Metals in Baby Food Products
Heavy metals, even in low concentrations, can negatively impact your baby’s brain development. So, Consumer Reports and the US PIRG (Public Interest Research Group) call for the Baby Food Safety Act of 2021 to be passed into law. (11)
Under this law, the FDA needs to create and strictly implement baby food regulations with much lower maximum heavy metal limits than the current standards. (11)
It also requires baby food manufacturers to test both ingredients and finished products. These test results must be released to parents and regulatory agencies. (11)
Healthier Baby Food Products
The following baby food products may be healthier alternatives:
- Little Spoon (subscription-based)
- Yumi (subscription-based)
- Serenity Kids
- Little Journey Organics
- Once Upon A Farm
Preparing Healthier Alternatives At Home
You can prepare your baby’s food using these ingredients: (4)
- Quality meats, poultry, or fish
- Whole or puréed vegetables and fruits (avocados, apples, bananas, peaches, grapes, and strawberries)
- Organic eggs
- Bone broth
- Healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee)
- Raw yogurt
- Coconut yogurt
- Applesauce (unsweetened)
You can also do the following: (1)(4)
- Avoid using brown rice (higher levels of inorganic arsenic content than white rice)
- Sushi rice from the US or white basmati rice from California, India, and Pakistan can be healthier alternatives to brown rice.
- Feed your baby with carrots and sweet potatoes in moderation. These can have high levels of lead or cadmium but are important sources of vitamin A and other nutrients.
- Limit your baby’s intake of infant rice cereal (or other infant cereal products.)
- Limit packaged snacks and teething biscuits
- Prepare rice using larger amounts of water (6 to 10 parts water to 1 part rice). Drain afterward to help reduce levels of arsenic.
- Avoid processed fruit juices.
- Avoid chocolates
- Avoid high-mercury fish: bigeye tuna, king mackerel, shark, swordfish, and orange roughy.
- Test your drinking water for high arsenic levels.
(2) https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats. oversight.house.gov/files/2021-02-04%20ECP%20Baby%20Food%20Staff%20Report.pdf
HiPP: the highest quality organic baby food
We know that many mothers cringe at the thought of canned baby food, preferring zucchini, broccoli or bananas from the nearest market.But what do you know about store-bought zucchini, "farm" broccoli and "bio" beef from even the so-called "eco" meat department? Are there any guarantees of quality when the Russian market is simply in trouble with organic vegetables and fruits?
The choice of the first feeding method is always up to the mother. Yes, baby food standards are now strict in Russia and are met by all manufacturers. Despite this, baby food standards allow the use of chemicals and pesticides in minimal doses that are not considered to affect the baby's body. Organic baby food means that the ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, chemical fertilizers and growth hormones.
In the case of HiPP baby food, this also means that each jar passed 260 checks along the way. Two hundred and sixty! But first things first.
HiPP: over 60 years of experience in the production of organic baby food
For more than 60 years, HiPP organic baby food of the highest quality has been produced in the Bavarian town of Pfaffenhofen. It all started even earlier and literally with crackers - in 1899, Josef Hipp in his HiPP confectionery made the first children's porridge from crackers, milk and water. Over time, the brand has gradually become the market leader in baby food in Germany: still a family business, the HiPP group under the leadership of Dr. Klaus Hipp and his son Stefan has become the No. 1 brand in organic baby food in the world.
In Russian reality, HiPP and its production facilities appeared much later. In 2007, construction began on a plant in Mamonovo, 60 kilometers from Kaliningrad. Five years after the opening of the enterprise in 2014, a food embargo struck, and production was on the verge of closing. Read more about how HiPP in Russia survived the hard times in the report by Natalia Paramonova.
At present, the 11,000-square-meter facility in Mamonovo, certified according to the European standard, produces HiPP organic baby food, which is then shipped throughout Russia and Belarus.
Where do carrots come from?
To call a product organic, it is not surprising that organic raw materials are also needed – in the case of HiPP, these are vegetables, fruits and meat for mono- and mixed purees. For organic products, the land for sowing is carefully selected, fruits and vegetables ripen naturally without the use of mineral fertilizers and pesticides. The same care is taken with the animals whose meat is used for the production of HiPP organic menus. All animals - turkeys, pigs, cows or chickens - are kept in the natural environment for each species, they eat organic food. If desired, the origin of each animal can be documented.
In addition to the benefits for babies and peace of mind for mothers, one cannot but note the value of organic products for nature - over 8,000 farmers produce organic quality products for HiPP, annually 80,000 hectares of soil and groundwater are not treated with chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
At the moment, vegetables are supplied to HiPP’s Russian production from Poland, Germany and Austria, fruits are from Italy, Spain, Germany, South Africa and Costa Rica, beef is grown in a certified farm in the Kaluga region, potatoes go to Kaliningrad with organic farm in the Tula region. Produced in HiPP's own factory in Hungary, fish "dishes" are sourced from the North Atlantic, certified by the Marine Resources Council (MSC), and the "Responsible Fishing" label on the packaging ensures that the fish are caught in a sustainable manner. respect for the environment while preserving the natural resources of fishing.
For the production of baby food, frozen vegetables are used, since shock freezing retains all the beneficial properties and taste, while increasing the shelf life, and, accordingly, the shelf life of the finished product.
How do you know if a product is organic? Are there any special labeling requirements?
Euroleaf (European Union) means that it is a certified organic product, i.e. methods of obtaining raw materials, production, processing, storage and transportation and quality characteristics of the final product meet the requirements of the EU organic standard.
HiPP ORGANIC means that HiPP has even more stringent requirements for the production of organic food than prescribed by EU legislation and organic standards.
When choosing a product, also pay attention to the age recommendations of the manufacturer and the degree of grinding of the product: the words “homogenized”, “mashed” and “coarsely ground” indicate the degree of grinding of the puree: a homogeneous consistency or with pieces.
Let's go back to our "zucchini" and the widespread question of mothers: "Where can I find fruits and vegetables grown without pesticides, chemicals and growth hormones"? We repeat that the choice is, of course, yours, and we, who are all for organic, are pleased that HiPP produces premium organic baby food in our country and for our children. And this certified organic quality moms can trust one hundred percent.
Why organic is the right choice
Why organic is the right choice
Organic food choices are the key to a healthy diet
Organic food products are those products that have grown under the sun, at a natural rate, they have not been sprayed with synthetic insect repellents, they have grown in soil that has not been treated with chemical fertilizers, on a plot of land next to which there are no harmful industries.
Some farm products can also be organic. The smaller the farm, the more likely it is to be a subsistence farm. Accordingly, the larger the farm, the more likely it is that additional funds will be used to increase yields, protect against pests or diseases, and to insure against loss of crops or animals.
But not even the largest farm can be compared with the industrial production of products. Where are the scales of not only the harvest, but also the accompanying means by which this harvest is produced. We will not write horror stories here, we will only note that extensive lists of chemical fertilizers, antibiotics, and synthetics for the production of agricultural and livestock products are approved by law.
How to find organic products
In stores, you can increasingly find products labeled "organic", "eco", "bio" and so on. However, not all “healthy” (according to manufacturers) products actually turn out to be organic.
Manufacturers of truly organic products must have certificates confirming the veracity of the claims. This is especially common in Europe.
To receive an "organic" certificate, products must meet a number of criteria.
If the packaging is labeled by one of these organizations, then it can be considered organic:
The above organizations are the most famous in the world, which means that they have carried out a detailed assessment of the quality of the product.
Reasons to choose organic
Products marked with the label of one of the above organizations have a number of advantages:
pure and completely natural taste;
from 95% organic ingredients in the composition;
5% or less - components in the border category are completely safe;
exclusivity - often small farms and industries that continuously improve product quality;
when growing, pesticides and toxic fertilizers, growth stimulants were not used;
the correct composition of the soil, favorable conditions;
antibiotics were not used in the preparation of products;
the highest quality of products undergoing numerous checks;
packaging does not harm the environment and is easily recycled.
Organics is a way to take care not only of our own health, but also of the world in which we live.
By choosing organic, you:
support small but promising farms and industries that improve, not reduce the cost of products;
prefer more ethical alternatives;
strive for conscious consumption;
choose the right food;
get rid of excess weight;
improve the world and food culture for the better.
Teach healthy eating
Tell friends and family about organic products and healthy alternatives. Take care of all your family members and improve the eating habits of your loved ones. It is especially important to lay the right eating habits for children. And it is necessary to start from an early age, when the child only discovers the variety of tastes. Protect your child from weight problems, addictions caused by various flavorings, harm caused by pesticides and antibiotics.
Organic consumption is a contribution to the development of a culture of healthy nutrition.
Of course, on the one hand, the question arises, when did that turning point come and food products ceased to be natural by default? Why do manufacturers need to confirm their environmental friendliness and naturalness with certificates? On the other hand, these are now the rules of the game. And many thanks to the producers of organic products and those organizations that checked, evaluated, tested and put their label on environmentally friendly and safe products for us.
We just have to make our informed choice.
Do you want to be aware of our promotions?
Subscribe to the newsletter
By clicking the "Subscribe" button, I give my consent to the processing of my personal data, in accordance with the Federal Law of July 27, 2006 No. 152-FZ "On Personal Data", on the terms and for the purposes, defined in the Consent to the processing of personal data