Baby shower food decor
Baby Shower Food - Etsy.de
Etsy is no longer supporting older versions of your web browser in order to ensure that user data remains secure. Please update to the latest version.
Find something memorable, join a community doing good.
(1,000+ relevant results)
Baby Shower Food Ideas - Baby Chick
Hosting a baby shower is such an important job to support a mother-to-be. I will never forget my baby shower and all the work my mom put into it to host for me. I am forever grateful!
Planning a baby shower is a lot of work, from the guest list to the décor, the baby shower games, and most importantly, the food. There is a lot of thought and effort that goes into a shower.
What to Consider When Planning the Baby Shower Food
When planning the menu, you want to consider the preferences of the mother-to-be and serve some of her favorite foods, along with considering the theme.
The theme of my shower was “Fiesta, Baby,” and we had a taco and nacho bar—some of my favorite things and on theme! You will also want to consider your guests’ dietary needs and ensure you have some gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan offerings mixed in. That way there is a little something for everyone in the spread. Of course, make sure to have plenty of bottles of hand sanitizer available to your guests as they prepare to make their way through the food offering. This will help keep everyone healthy.
Baby Shower Appetizers
Finger foods are excellent to serve at baby showers, and anything “mini” is always a charming option for the food table. I love going to a baby shower where many different appetizers are served. Bonus points if they are on a toothpick or in a single serving cup! Serving many appetizers is a great way to have lots of options for your guests that meet the needs of even the pickiest of attendees. Here are some delicious ideas for appetizers:
- Pimento cheese crostini
- Charcuterie board
- Individual cups of cut veggies and dressing
- Tea sandwiches
- Fruit kebabs
- Sandwich pinwheels
- Pigs in a blanket
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Mini crab cakes
- Shrimp cocktail
Baby Shower Buffet
Buffets of entrée foods are a great, inclusive baby shower food idea for your guests. They can choose exactly how they want to customize their meal according to their preferences and dietary needs. I have shared some fun buffet ideas and examples of items to put on that buffet that will give your guests many options.
- Taco/nacho bar (taco meat, chicken, refried beans, sour cream, salsa, taco shells, tortillas, corn chips)
- Baked potato bar (cheese, chili, sour cream, chives, butter, bacon, ham, black olives, scallions, chicken)
- BBQ and fixins (pulled chicken, pulled pork, brisket, coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, potato salad, cornbread)
- Bagels (various cream cheese flavors, lox, capers, pickled onions, dill)
Baby Shower Brunch
A common time for baby showers is a brunch shower! I have often been to showers late Sunday morning, and I love a good brunch shower. Here are some yummy options for baby shower food ideas during brunch:
- Mini quiches
- Breakfast casserole(s) both with meat and vegetarian
- Deviled eggs
- Baked French toast
- Chicken salad on Hawaiian rolls
- Fruit salad
Baby Shower Desserts
The options for baby shower desserts are endless and the center of a shower’s celebration. Most traditionally, you can serve a beautiful cake decorated akin to the shower’s theme. A trendy idea is to have a dessert bar with lots of different options for your guests to choose from. Here are some other more non-traditional dessert ideas:
- Decorate your own cookie station
- Cinnamon buns (cute for a “bun in the oven” theme)
- Cake pops
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Petit fours
- Fun-sized candy bars
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Personalized M&M’s
- Caramel popcorn
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Chex Muddy Buddies
Baby Shower Drinks
The drinks you offer at a baby shower depend heavily on the theme! One cute theme that I have seen is “Something’s Brewing.” You would serve beer and coffee at that shower. At a brunch shower, you’ll probably have a mimosa bar with lots of different juice offerings. Depending on the time of day and audience, a signature cocktail inspired by the mother-to-be is also a cute idea! Of course, a nice offering to have is mini bottles of water. I find that at events where the mini bottles are served, it cuts down on the half-empty bottles of water being found everywhere when the event is over!
- Mimosa bar (various fruit juices such as mango, pineapple, orange)
- Coffee or hot cocoa station
- Iced tea
- Hot tea
- Infused water
- Signature cocktail
- Bottled water
I hope this inspires you as you plan for baby shower hosting responsibilities. You can mix and match from this list of food ideas and pull off a flawless shower! The guests and mother-to-be will love what you put together, no matter what you choose to do.
Wedding Invitation Flowers, Succulent Plant, Cactus, Baby Shower, Mammillaria, Logo, Infant, Marriage, Aquarium Decor, Baby Shower, Birthday Party png aquarium, baby shower, birthday png
- aquarium decor,
- baby shower,
- birthday ,
- cut flowers,
- flower pot,
- wedding invitation,
- free download
About this PNG
- Image size
- File size
- 634. 92KB
- MIME type
Non-Commercial Use, DMCA Contact Us
- Infant Baby shower, baby, mammal, child, carnivoran png 1500x1500px 143.3KB
- baby items illustration, Infant Baby shower, baby background, blue, text, child png 546x500px 331KB
- Infant, baby shower, child, boy, baby Toys png 1250x1139px 136.34KB
- Infant Baby shower Baby clothing, baby, white, people, baby Products png 558x609px 155. 9KB
- baby illustration, Infant Girl Baby shower, baby elephant, mammal, child, carnivoran png 1823x1221px 112.59KB
- White stork Infant Baby shower, baby is coming, baby announcement, child, text png 2211x1500px 257.36KB
- Diaper cake Infant Baby shower, grandma, child, people, boy png 900x1140px 282.01KB
- Baby shower Infant, baby shower, child, text, girl png 4543x7829px 280.33KB
- baby illustration, Infant Baby shower Child, child, food, toddler, people png 1261x1909px 157.64KB
- pink elephant, Baby shower Elephant Infant, Elephants, purple, mammal, child png 3001x2137px 188.95KB
- baby illustration, Infant Baby shower Cute baby girl, Hand-painted blue baby diapers, watercolor Painting, blue, baby png 1000x1000px 127.25KB
- White stork Infant, baby shower, child, animals, child png 1250x747px 48.64KB
- Tiger Lion Baby shower Infant, tiger, mammal, child, animals png 774x900px 102.14KB
- baby shower logo, Wedding invitation Baby shower Infant Pattern, baby shower card, child, text, label png 1146x545px 65.23KB
- Baby Elephant, Infant, Drawing, Cuteness, Indian Elephant, Baby Shower, Nose, Head, Infant, Drawing, Cuteness png 900x900px 52.21KB
- white floral heart frame, Wedding invitation Bridal shower Marriage, wedding, love, frame, flower Arranging png 900x870px 1.03MB
- cactus ball, Succulent plant Canvas painting Cactaceae, Hand-painted watercolor, pink flowers, green plants, watercolor Painting, botany, watercolor Leaves png 3898x3148px 8.4MB
- wedding, Marriage Animation Wedding, Painted wedding baby icon, love, watercolor Painting, child png 1284x1688px 476.9KB
- wedding invitation card, Wedding invitation Bridal shower, Bridal shower invitation, texture, furniture, rectangle png 800x802px 775. 84KB
- Computer Icons Baby shower Infant, baby shower, miscellaneous, child, text png 600x564px 61.04KB
- Drawing Precious Moments, Inc. Baby shower Infant, stamp, border, child, text png 1024x853px 143.92KB
- brown bear illustration, Bear cub Baby shower Infant, baby shower, mammal, brown, animals png 1281x1080px 119.03KB
- Wedding invitation Marriage, Wedding invitation, pink flowers 3D wallapper, love, flower Arranging, wedding Anniversary png 1630x978px 547.63KB
- green elephant digital illustration, Baby shower Elephant Infant, baby shower, blue, mammal, animals png 3001x2130px 201. 1KB
- blue elephant illustration, Elephant Mobile Infant, baby shower, child, animals, cloud png 1145x1924px 200.36KB
- green and gray petaled flowers, Succulents and Cacti Cactaceae Succulent collector, Cartoon cactus succulents, cartoon Character, painted, food png 550x720px 510.05KB
- Sarah Cooper and Christopher Taylor invitation card, Wedding invitation Paper Bridal shower Marriage, Invitation card Purple flowers, flower Arranging, wedding, business Card png 3132x2398px 1.34MB
- Baby rattle Infant, girl shower, child, infant, baby Toys png 400x787px 140.71KB
- Wedding invitation Infant Baby shower Birthday, Baby clothes baby pink shirt, love, baby Announcement Card, text png 753x897px 177.92KB
- Wedding invitation Bachelorette party Bridal shower Cactaceae, Flowering cactus Succulents, red and green cactus painting, watercolor Painting, purple, flower Arranging png 1400x917px 1.95MB
- plush brown bear toy, Baby shower Convite Child Wedding invitation Scrapbooking, child, mammal, text, carnivoran png 500x500px 125.52KB
- Baby shower Gender neutrality Infant, baby shower, miscellaneous, baby Clothes, child png 1400x931px 308.53KB
- Flowers Wedding Invitation, Watercolor, Floral Design, Burgundy, Maroon, Bridal Shower, Postcards, Watercolor Painting, Wreath, Gift, Party, Watercolor, Floral Design, Burgundy, Burgundy png 1280x800px 1004. 64KB
- Baby Shower, Infant, Cute, Toy, Giraffe, Giraffe, Animal Figurine, Baby Toys, Infant, Cute, Toy, Giraffe, Baby Toys png 3065x1500px 345.41KB
- green and pink cactus painting, Paper Flower Cactus Textile Succulent plant, Beautiful cactus flowers sen department, watercolor Painting, flower Arranging, white png 700x550px 539.69KB
- Baby shower Infant, baby shower, child, people, child png 720x638px 252.14KB
- wedding invitation illustration, Wedding invitation Marriage, Pink wedding invitation material, rectangle, wedding, business Card png 800x753px 501.18KB
- Wedding invitation Template Microsoft Word Table Calligraphy, Baby shower invitation, leaf, text, wedding png 819x1024px 153.71KB
- Infant Baby shower Sweetheart, cute baby new cool boy illustration, baby Announcement Card, child, text png 1040x1820px 194.28KB
- Wedding Invitation, Wedding Invitation, Baby Shower, Shoe, Bridal Shower, Infant, Nike, Text, Baby Shower, bridal Shower, circle png 1000x1000px 31.55KB
- pink socks, Infant Boy Girl, flowers baby shoes, baby, people, baby Shoes png 1100x731px 687.61KB
- orange and white petaled flowers, Floral design Wedding invitation Flower, wedding invitation, watercolor Painting, blue, flower Arranging png 646x863px 404. 35KB
- flowers and cacti wreath illustration, Wedding invitation Cactus Flower Succulent wreath, Watercolor cactus, watercolor Painting, decor, wedding png 500x500px 377.34KB
- Wedding bouquet of flowers Marriage Love, wedding, love, holidays, wedding png 774x1022px 1.15MB
- Birth Boy Child Infant Baby shower, boy, glass, child, text png 840x840px 196.2KB
- assorted-color floral wreath illustration, Wedding invitation Flower Wreath Baby shower, wedding wreath, watercolor Painting, leaf, wedding png 3142x3064px 1.28MB
- Wedding invitation Marriage Bridal shower, Wedding Flowers Welcome Card, love, flower Arranging, wedding png 4973x4804px 2. 35MB
- Adhesive paper Wedding invitation Watercolor painting Flower, cherry blossom, pink flowers under blue sky, heart, magenta, wallpaper png 1500x2000px 2.24MB
- Floral Wedding Invitation, Marriage, Frames, Groom, Flower, White, Flower Bouquet, Cut Flowers, artificial Flower, groom, cut Flowers png 587x800px 356.65KB
- assorted-color baby clothes, Baby clothing Baby shower, baby border, childrens Clothing, child, text png 2923x2135px 3.66MB
How to organize a children's birthday: animators, decor, food, music, entertainment
Our expert - Elena Moiseeva, an event organizer with many years of experience, co-founder of the London agency Chaika Events - has organized more than five hundred children's parties in her life. Especially for Workingmama, Elena prepared a checklist of the most important items for self-preparation of a children's holiday.
We all love to look at beautiful pictures on the pages of professional eventers and decorators. They have breathtaking scenery, expensive themed accessories, luxurious costumes, gourmet dishes. As holiday planners, we love coming up with exciting design concepts, but the truth is, it's more for parents, grown-ups. Children are interested in something else. The key point in organizing a children's holiday, 80% of success is a professional animator.
A good entertainer is the cornerstone of your party. This is the only thing you can't skimp on. If you have beautiful decorations, a complex candy bar with cake pops and macaroons, but at the same time the children scatter in the corners and sit buried in their smartphones, everything will crumble to pieces, and no decorations and expensive balloons will help. And if an experienced animator works at the holiday, who is able to get and keep the attention of children, then you can get by with a couple of pizzas with a cake: everyone will still remember how fun it was.
Finding a professional and really talented animator is a little easier than finding a unicorn. But it's worth the effort.
Start looking now, even if your next children's birthday is only a year away. Where to looking for? Gather contacts at other children's parties, at restaurants where there is a children's corner, at festivals where a children's area is organized. If you see that children are running after someone with burning eyes, run after him too and write down the phone.
You can search for animators on the websites of the organizers of children's parties, on Instagram. Watch the video, read the reviews. Keep in mind that an hour of the animator's work costs more if you call him for just an hour. Because he still needs to travel, take props with him, think over the program. It is best to invite an animator for the entire holiday. Otherwise, the rest of the time, before the arrival or after the departure of the animator, the children are provided - and this usually means real chaos.
There is nothing worse than a five-in-one animator. When the same person and face painting does, and dogs from balloons, and shows from soap bubbles. Because while one child is being painted, the other 25 have fled in all directions. Additional skills are good, but, as a rule, they cannot be combined. An experienced animator should rally everyone, involve all children in various activities. And parents at this time should rest and drink champagne.
Where to look for animators:
In today's frantic pace, when children have five circles and an active social life, it is necessary to invite guests to a children's birthday party as early as possible. It is not shameful to send Save The Date (an invitation with a request to stake out the date) and two months in advance. This is important if you want exactly the people whom he would like to see come to your child for the holiday. If you delay with an invitation, you can end up in a situation where all your friends have already been invited to another party.
You can order invitations on the international website Etsy.com. There you will find a huge selection of beautiful templates for any topic. For a few dollars you will receive personalized email invitations - you just need to send your text.
Electronic invitations can be sent by email or WhatsApp, or you can use the convenient PaperlessPost program, which will immediately give you statistics: how many people accepted the invitation, who will not be able to come, who will come with brothers and sisters, etc.
If you are not ready to spend a children's party at home (and we understand you perfectly), then look for a spacious place. This is the main criterion. Children need to move, they need a lot of space to play. A cafe or a game center can convince you that the room is designed for 50 people, but you can safely divide it by two: usually the capacity is calculated based on the fact that people are calmly standing in buffet mode, and not playing hide and seek and catch up.
Optimal: indoor/outdoor combination. There you can move, hold all sorts of sports games.
Perfect for a garden or square. The more space the better. Yes, and try to see the site in advance, do not focus only on photos or descriptions. Start your search with a review of "30 places in Moscow where you can celebrate a holiday" on Workingmama.ru.
News: on birthdays, children practically do not eat anything. Therefore, there is no point in excelling in haute cuisine. Food that goes well at parties has a funny name: finger food. That is, everything that can be taken by hand. And second: almost everything should be with the prefix "mini". Mini pizzas, mini burgers, mini rolls, mini hot dogs. There is practically no chance that a child in the excitement of the game will finish the adult portion - most likely, he will take a bite and immediately quit. Miniature portions will reduce the amount of undereating.
Do you advocate wholesome food? Cut the celery and carrots into strips. Children, of course, will not eat this - but your soul will be calmer.
If you want to surprise your guests, and you have a small budget for it, install a mini version of the chocolate fountain. Such a design can be purchased for quite reasonable money. It is very easy to assemble. You will also need special chocolate, which is heated directly in the bag in the microwave or steamed, and poured into the fountain. Put strawberries, marshmallows, skewers nearby - voila! – on the sweet table it will be the highlight of the program!
Where to order food:
For children aged 3 to 7 years, the optimal duration of the holiday is 2-2.5 hours. Longer is already physically difficult for both children and adults. Children cannot keep their attention on something for a long time, so activities should alternate every 15-20 minutes, breaks are required.
It's better to start the holiday with active games, and at the end you will definitely have a disco.
Because after eating a cake, children necessarily release energy, which urgently needs to be directed in the right direction. If you also pick up all sorts of bright accessories in a Fix Price store: colored wigs, bright glasses, bracelet beads, the disco will become a hit that will take at least half an hour and will be remembered by everyone.
Music should sound at the festival all the time, from beginning to end. Well, except for some special activities. Music sets the mood, sets the tone for the whole party. Now almost everyone has smartphones and tablets. One of your friends will probably have a portable speaker, ask to borrow it for a few hours. Feel free to upload the playlist to Spotify or YouTube. By the way, one more news: it is naive to believe that children love children's songs. In fact, they've been in love with Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams and Bruno Mars since the age of three. So they don’t need to put on “A smile will make everyone brighter”, dancing to modern pop music will be much more interesting for them.
In Russia now you can find almost any scenery. True, to achieve a picture like from the page of a professional event decorator, you will have to spend a lot of money. So, fashionable paper decor (flowers, garlands, etc.) will cost a pretty penny, because you need a lot of it so that the room does not look dull.
If your budget is tight, use balloons. They can put the name of the child and the number indicating the age. Meter balls-numbers look very cool. Brilliant figures of impressive size look great in the photo and you can immediately see how old the child is. You can also buy regular latex balloons. Individually, they look lonely, and in bouquets of 5-7 pieces, excellent compositions are already obtained.
A small note: decorating an event with helium balloons is not the most budget option. There is a shortage of helium on the market now, and this gas has become very expensive. So if you buy a bunch of inexpensive balloons, remember that you will have to spend a lot on helium tanks.
Decorations can be made by yourself. On the mentioned site Etsy.com, ready-made "soup sets" on various topics are sold: "Frozen", "Cars", "Spiderman", "Paw Patrol", etc.
You buy a ready-made package with files that will need to be printed, cut, pasted. There will be stickers on bottles of lemonade, and garlands, and banners.
Where else to look:
Children under 8 love to search for treasures: solve riddles, find clues and clues. Treasure hunting can be done in a variety of subjects, and you don’t need a lot of money for this. Children will be absolutely happy if the found treasure is chocolate "coins". The possibilities are limited by nothing but your imagination. The search for clues is a team work that unites very much. In addition, treasure hunting is very motivating for children to behave well, to complete tasks - they are interested in it.
If the budget is limited, and there is no money for some special effects and shows (soap bubbles, chemical experiments, etc. ) - do-it-yourself activities are great.
There are sites that offer great DIY kits to create all sorts of things in 15 minutes, from superhero masks to fairy wings. Children love to cut, glue, paint, decorate everything with all sorts of colorful stickers. You just need to give them simple blanks, help a little along the way, they will create a craft that they will gladly take home with them. Such activities easily and naturally adapt to the theme of the party. For example, if you're having a space party, you could all paint a large cardboard rocket together.
Gifts are usually given at the very beginning. Make sure there is a special table for this. By the end of the holiday, the table is gradually filled with gifts, and at the end of the holiday you just take them with you. There is no need to open gifts in public. In order not to offend anyone, you will need to immediately read all the postcards - there is no time for this. Let the child be busy with his holiday, enjoy the moment. Gifts are a pleasant continuation of a birthday, a separate joy that you already experience at home.
If you want to get a good photo report from your holiday - do not rely on yourself and your phone. Most likely, you will not be at all up to filming. Good children's photographers/videographers tend to be expensive and charge by the hour. However, you can meet on the forums with budding talents who need photos and videos for a portfolio - then the cost can be purely symbolic, but you must be ready to give permission to use your photos for promotional purposes.
Alternatively, ask one adult guest to be responsible for this particular part.
End of the holiday
Do not delay the end of the party. After the cake has been served, children need to be entertained with a disco or sports games so that they “let off steam” - and we remind you that until the last minute the little guests should be under the control of an experienced animator.