Carrot kugel recipe baby food
Carrot Kugel with Applesauce Recipe
"From the Kosher Palette Cookbook. Very moist and delicious. Make them in mini-muffin tins for bite size portions. Kids and adults love them."
Add Your Photo
- Ready In:
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put carrots in a large saucepan and add water to cover. Boil over high heat for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash carrots with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch non-stick springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. (You can also use a tart pan with a removable bottom, muffin or mini-muffin tin. Be sure sides are at least 2 inches high.) Set aside.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the carrots. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. (Can also be mixed by hand.) Do not overbeat - should still have little bits of carrot.
- Pour mixture in pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (For muffins, 30 minutes and mini-muffins, start checking after 20 minutes.).
Join The Conversation
sort by: most popularmost recent
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
YOU'LL ALSO LOVE
View All Recipes
Carrot Ring with Blueberry Swirl
- Preference: Parve
- Difficulty: Easy
- Occasion: Shabbat , Rosh Hashanah , Sukkot
- Diet: Vegetarian , Pescatarian
- Source: Family Table by Mishpacha Magazine
- Cuisines: Ashkenazi
- Category: Sides , Desserts , Baking
This is an exceptionally moist carrot kugel with a surprise burst of flavor in the blueberry swirl. It presents beautifully, tastes delicious, and is so simple to put together.
Prepare the Kugel
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsuis). Grease a standard size Bundt pan well.
Place all ingredients except for the pie filling into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well blended, and then pour into the Bundt pan.
Drop blueberry pie filling by the tablespoon all around the center of the carrot ring, then swirl with a knife. Alternatively, as seen in the picture, you can add cornstarch to the blueberry mixture and place it on top of the carrot mixture.
Bake for one hour.
Photography: Daniel Lailah
Food Styling: Amit Farber
Join our "What's For Dinner" WhatsApp Group
90,000 vegetable kugel, step -by -step recipe for 1405 kcal, photo, ingredients
Elena Kovach (Kovachev)
January 14, 2016 9000 1 hour and 20 minutes
5 pers. I suggest you try the vegetable kugel. In the author's original recipe, breadcrumbs were used, I replaced them with oatmeal No. 1, that is, those that need to be boiled. Everything else is prescription. Zucchini used frozen, already grated. It turned out very tasty, easy, fast.
Based on your
age, weight and activity. It is a reference information.
Login or register and we will be able to display your daily intake of proteins, fats and carbohydrates
Login / register0055 2 pcs.
| 3 pcs. |
|3 tbsp. l.|
|4 st. l.|
photo reports for the recipe0
Add a photo
There are no photos of this recipe yet0003
Add a photo
Step by step recipe with photo
Coarsely grate zucchini. I thawed the finished workpiece, drained the juice - it was not used. Potatoes and carrots, quite large, peel and also grate on a coarse grater.
Add eggs, mix well. Then add finely chopped onion, finely chopped garlic, basil, salt, pepper, oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of oil. Mix well again.
There is quite a lot of liquid, despite the fact that I drained the juice from the zucchini.
Roasting dish - 20x20 cm, grease well with vegetable oil and lay out the vegetables, level and send to the oven preheated to 180°C.
Bake for 50 minutes.
Good both hot and cold. At the request of the male component of my community, I "strengthened" one portion with chicken rinds.
Votes for the recipe of the day (4)
Casseroboire International kitchen
Proper nutrition (pp-recipes)
Add to search
Apple Kugel Recipe with Photo Step by Step
Pumpkin Soufflé with Oranges
Profiteroles with butter cream
wheat flour —
powdered sugar —
white wine —
cream cheese —
Buns with plum jam
Mega Chocolate Cupcakes
vegetable oil -
sour cream —
2 tbsp. l.
baking powder —
dry yeast —
olive oil —