Sweetpea baby food
Pea Baby Puree (4-6+ Months/Stage 1)
This Pea Baby Puree with mint is a smooth and mild baby food puree that is perfect for your baby’s first bite! Your baby will love this green puree thanks to its fresh and earthy flavor. It’s a great stage 1 baby food for 4-6 months and up.
Medically reviewed and co-written by Jamie Johnson, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), and Lauren Braaten, Pediatric Occupational Therapist (OT).
Homemade Pea Baby Food
Don’t get caught up on what you think pea baby food is going to taste like.
Store-bought brands can be thick and lumpy with a strong acidic taste of overly cooked peas. Don’t even get me started on the smell! 🤢
But this homemade pea puree is exactly the opposite! And trust me; it tastes nothing like you expect.
I’m telling you… this pea baby food is beyond delicious. It’s heavenly!
Smooth and creamy with a mild taste and a hint of minty freshness, it’s also bright and appetizing to look at.
It will actually put a smile on your and your baby’s faces! 😁
Is it your first time making homemade baby food? Then I suggest you start this journey by reading my in-depth Guide on How to Make Homemade Baby Food. The detailed guide goes over all the important information such as the best cooking tools to have on hand, safe storage, how to know when baby is ready for solids, how to introduce purees, the best first foods for baby, and more! You can also check out my best-selling cookbook for even more information and recipes!
Pea Baby Puree Video
Watch this video to see just how easy this Pea Baby Puree is to make!Reasons to Love this Pea Baby Puree
- great baby food for 4-6+ months
- starter puree
- 3 simple ingredients
- super smooth and creamy
- delicious green puree
- easy to make — requires less than 10 minutes
- organic – can easily (and cheaply) use organic peas and zucchini
- can use fresh or frozen peas
Make sure to read the recipe card below for the full ingredient list and instructions!
- Peas: They are high in fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, and K, and are a good source of protein. They also help promote healthy digestion and may protect against cancer.
- Zucchini: While this is a 2-vegetable starter puree, zucchini allergies are very low, so I added it to this recipe to give the peas a mild taste and a smoother, creamier texture. You can completely leave it out if you prefer. Just steam the peas as directed below.
- Mint: This is an ideal herb to add to baby food because it helps soothe an upset stomach, improves digestion, can help improve mental awareness and focus, and is rich in nutrients. However, adding mint to this puree is entirely optional.
- A good source of protein
- Contains a high amount of fiber, which helps with digestion
- Contains an array of micronutrients, such as thiamine, folate, manganese, vitamins K and C
- A good source of antioxidants
Frequently Asked Questions
When can babies eat peas?
development, which generally comes between 4-6 months of age. Some of the developmental milestones babies need to reach in order to start solids include: if your baby has solid control of their head and neck, if your baby has doubled in weight, and if your baby is reaching for or opening their mouth when you eat (see my guide here). Before you start your baby on purees, you should consult with your pediatrician to make sure your child is developmentally ready.
Can peas be baby’s first food?
Peas can 100% be baby’s first food if you want it to be. It is recommended to wait to introduce the top eight allergen foods to your baby once a few other well-tolerated foods have been introduced, but otherwise, foods can be introduced in any order so choose whatever you are most excited for your baby to have.
Are peas a common allergen for baby?
No, peas are not a common allergen, however, as with any food, start with a small portion and be aware of any signs that might be an allergic reaction after introducing it.
Do peas cause constipation for babies?
No, peas are not known to cause constipation in babies, and they may actually help relieve constipation in babies due to the high fiber content that makes it easier for your baby to pass stools.
Can you use frozen peas for baby food?
Yes, you can definitely use frozen peas in baby food! For this recipe, I added the frozen peas straight into the steamer basket to cook along with the zucchini. You can also freeze the peas once they are cooked and pureed.How to Make Pea Baby Puree
- Bring Water To Boil: Bring a saucepan with a little water to a boil.
- Steam Zucchini: Add chopped zucchini (optional) to a steamer basket, cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
- Steam Peas: Add the peas (fresh or frozen) and steam for another 3-5 minutes.
- Let Cool: Let it cool slightly and reserve the steamer water.
- Transfer to Blender: Transfer the cooked peas and zucchini to the blender or food processor.
- Add Mint: Add in the chopped mint or another spice.
- Puree: Puree until smooth or creamy, adding reserved water if needed to thin out the puree.
- Serve or Freeze.
- Medium Saucepan
- Steamer Basket
- Blender or Food Processor
- Freezer Tray
- Storage Containers for Fridge
- suction bowl or baby bowl
- baby spoon
- open lid cup
- bib with catch pocket
While I love the fresh flavor of steamed peas with mint, there are several ways you can cook peas for baby food.BEABA Babycook
Does anything sound better than a homemade baby food puree with a 15-second hands-on prep and cook time? I didn’t think so. Let me introduce you to the magic of the BEABA Babycook! With the touch of a button, the Babycook will cook and blend the peas into a smooth and creamy baby food puree! It’s like magic. To make, place 2 cups of peas into the stainless steel steamer basket, and place the basket into the glass container, closing the lid. Fill the reservoir tank to a level 3, close and lock the lid. Hit the steam button and let the machine do its magic. Once steamed, transfer the peas into the glass container, leaving the water. Add in a pinch of fresh mint, if using. Close the lid, and hit the blend button for 1 minute or until the puree is smooth.
Full Review: read my full, in-depth and honest review of the BEABA Babycook Neo here! Make sure to grab 15% off your Babycook with code (BabyFoode15)!Skillet
In a medium skillet, add 2 cups of frozen peas. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Puree in a blender as directed below.Boiling
Place 2 cups of peas into a medium saucepan, add enough water to cover the peas, and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Puree in a blender as directed below. Note that boiling will rid the peas of some nutrients as they are leached into the boiling water, so steaming or using a skillet is preferred. If you need liquid to thin out the puree, use some of the leftover water.Great Pea Combination Purees
While this pea puree is delicious and satisfying by itself, it’s also easy to mix and match with other nutrient-dense baby food purees. So give these fun flavor combos a try!
- Quinoa Baby Cereal
- Fennel and Peaches
- Green Beans
- Soft Tofu
WeeSprout Silicone Baby Food Freezer Tray
Our favorite freezer storage container for baby food! Made of 100% food-grade silicone and comes with a hard clip-on lid. Large 3oz sections with 2oz markings to make sure you have the right amount for your baby.
View ProductAdding Spices
While the most popular option is adding mint to baby food, you can also add a splash of lemon or lime juice, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp chopped basil, 1 tsp chopped parsley, or 1/4 tsp fresh ginger.
Tip on Spices: I always add spices or herbs to my baby food purees, but you can choose to leave them out in all of your baby food. You do you! Either way, this puree will surely taste amazing.How to Store Pea Baby FoodRefridgerator
You can store this puree in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.Freezer
This puree can be frozen for up to 4 months.
- Spoon puree into a freezer storage container. Do not overfill.
- Place the lid on the storage container or cover with a piece of saran wrap, and label with the date and recipe name.
- Place the tray into the freezer and let it freeze completely — preferably overnight.
- Pop-out the baby food cubes and place them in a ziplock baggie or stasher bag. Don’t forget to relabel the baggie or stasher bag for future reference.
Need more information on how to store your baby foods? Head over to my Best Baby Food Storage Containers – Plus 6 Tips on Freezing and Thawing post!
15 Stage One Baby Food Purees
- Follow your baby’s lead – when feeding purees from a spoon, sometimes there’s a tendency to keep offering bites past the point of your baby being full. Always follow baby’s cues for when they are done eating. Turning away from the spoon, closing her mouth, or pushing food away are all signs that baby is finished with the meal.
- Try adding a little seasoning or spice to purees – babies like flavor! Or consider changing the temperature of purees from time to time, to slightly warmed or slightly chilled. Varying these aspects adds to the sensory experience!
- Place a small amount of puree on the tray during spoon feeding, so that your baby can dip their fingers or hands in the puree. Allowing baby to explore foods in this way helps them learn to self-feed and can help them be more willing to try new textures and foods in the future.
Or watch a shortened version of this video here.
- 2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup zucchini, roughly chopped (optional)
- 4 mint leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
Steam: In a medium saucepan, bring 2″ of water to a boil over medium heat. Place the zucchini in a steamer basket, and place over boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
Add Peas: Add in the peas, and steam for an additional 3-5 minutes. Reserve steamer water. Let cool slightly.
Blend: Add the zucchini, peas and mint leaves to a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute or until you have achieved the desired texture. If the puree is too thick, add in 1/4 cup of the reserved steamer water until you have the right consistency.
Serve: let cool and serve to your baby or freeze for a later meal.
Age: 4-6 months and up
Yield: 15 ounces
Note on Zucchini: while this is a 2 vegetable starter puree, zucchini allergies are very low, so I added it to this recipe to give the peas a mild taste and smoother texture. You can completely leave them out if you prefer. Just steam the peas as directed.
Additional Spices: instead of the mint, feel free to use a splash of lemon or lime juice, 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp chopped basil, 1 tsp chopped parsley or 1/4 tsp fresh ginger.
Storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 4 months.
Tripp Trapp High Chair
Bumkins Baby Bowl
Serving: 1ounce, Calories: 15kcal, Carbohydrates: 2.9g, Protein: 1.1g, Fat: 0.1g, Sodium: 1mg, Potassium: 57mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1.2g, Calcium: 5mg
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @babyfoode on Instagram and hashtag it #babyfoode!
Pin Recipe Email a Friend
Solid foundation: Aussie-made baby food
30th June 2021 | Eativity editors
Life with a little one can sure be a wonderful whirlwind, but it can get so messy, right? Starting solids is a particularly big milestone, and it’s important to ensure hungry babies get the nutritious meals they need. However, navigating what to feed them or finding time to make appealing dishes can be tricky. Enter Sweetpea: easy baby food for tough eaters.
Sweetpea is the new Australian dried baby food from a Melbourne-based family business that offers a quick and wholesome meal solution to help busy parents. According to the Australian Institute of Family Studies, new mothers go from spending a weekly average of two hours caring for others to a whopping 51 hours, and also spend up to 25 hours doing housework. But if you’ve got a fast and simple solution to turn to at mealtimes, at least feeding your baby can be one less thing to worry about.Nutritionist and mum Claire Power says Sweetpea’s baby meals are the ideal first foods for babies.Healthy development
Nutritionist and mother of three Claire Power says that she wishes Sweetpea’s products had been around when her children were first starting on solid foods.
“It can be overwhelming for new parents, with so many options and styles with purées or baby-led weaning,” she says. “From four to six months, I recommend starting with smooth purées and increasing texture and flavours rapidly. Vegetables and fruits should be some of the first foods babies try. As should an iron-fortified meal such as the Sweetpea mixes. Iron is a very important mineral for little ones’ healthy development.”Sweetpea’s banana porridge is made with “wonky” Aussie bananas and oats. No nasties
Power says Sweetpea’s baby meals are the ideal first foods for babies. They’re full of good stuff, made in Australia and have no nasty additives included.
“I especially like that they’re a dry food that only requires warm water to instantly become a convenient, delicious and nutritious plant-based meal with wholegrains, protein and iron,” she says. “The Sweetpea range is also great for including different tastes and textures. It’s important for babies to be exposed to this.
“As a mum and nutritionist, I think Sweetpea’s banana porridge, baked beans, mushy veg and pumpkin risotto are the perfect healthy and quick snacks for little ones starting solids. They’re also ideal for busy parents, and are super smooth and easy on little tummies.”One 125g Sweetpea pouch makes 12 serves. Just add water. Aussie grown and made
Sweetpea’s products are all made with Australian-grown fruits, vegetables and grains, and are fortified with iron. Sweetpea’s unique drum-drying facility allows recipes to be quickly cooked and dried to ensure nutritious meals with complete food safety and peace of mind.
To make your Sweetpea meal, you just need to add 80ml of warm water to 10g of dry product for an easy-to-prepare, Australian-made nutritious meal that’s ready in minutes. You can serve it with a spoon, but they’ll probably just use their hands.
If you’d like to start your baby on Sweetpea, the range is available in Coles and from the Sweetpea website. Products include banana porridge; mushy spuds, corn and peas; smooshed baked beans; and pumpkin risotto. The products are not suitable for infants under four months. Sleep not included.
Baby food, hygiene and development with free home delivery from VkusVill
Hide categories Show categories
- Price Ascending
- Price descending
Magnetic alphabet with tasks
870 rub 870.00 870.00
For children 1+
85 rub 85.00 85.00
Aerosol against ticks and mosquitoes
Bytes "Cool" from meat of broiler chickens
218 rubles 218. 00 218.00
Balm-conditioner for baby clothes_RP
190 rub 190.00 190.00
FrutoNanny fruit and cereal bar for children Apple banana and strawberry from 12 months 25 g
45 rub 45.00 45.00
Bar for children FrutoNyanya fruit and cereal Apple peach and raspberry from 12 months 25 g
45 rub 45.00 45.00
Fruit and nut bar “Strawberry” for children
55 rub 55.00 55.00
Fruit and nut bar "Mandarin" for children
55 rubles 55.00 55.00
Fruit and nut bar "Apple-Banana" for children
RUB 45 RUB 55 45. 00 55.00
Valid until 07.11
when buying from 2 pcs
Drinking bioyoghurt for children with strawberries 2.5%
48 rub 48.00003
Children's drinking bioyogurt with peach 2.5%
48 rub 48.00 48.00
Bioyoghurt for children with cherries 2.5%
RUB 48 48.00 48.00
Bioyoghurt for children with mango without added sugar 2.5%
47 rub 47.00 47.00
Biolact for children without add. sugar 3.2%
RUB 43 43.00 43.00
Biolact for children with raspberries 2. 5%
RUB 45 45.00 45.00
Biolact for children with apple 2.5%
45 rub 45.00 45.00
Biocurd for children 5%, 50 g
Biocurd for children with raspberries 4.2%
42 rub 42.00 42.00
Rabbit meatballs with celery and potato puree
278 RUB 278.00 278.00
Bifilife for children "Pear" 2.5%
46 rub 46.00 46.00
Bifilife for children "Strawberry-banana" without add. sugar 2.5%
RUB 47 47.00 47.00
Bifilife for children "Raspberry-rosehip" 2.5%
46 rubles 46.00 46.00
rating of the top 10 Russian and foreign brands with reviews according to KP
Products for children are always under special quality control. Including food. After all, food for a baby is not only a way to satisfy hunger, but also acquaintance with different tastes and a guarantee of healthy development (1). Today there are many different brands. Among them, we selected the best manufacturers of baby food, based on the reviews of parents and expert opinions.
Rating of the top 5 Russian baby food manufacturers according to KP
There are many popular brands among Russian baby food manufacturers. Basically, various purees, juices, cereals and dairy products are presented on the market. There are also formulas for babies, but in smaller quantities. The popularity of food is due to high quality and rather low (in comparison with foreign analogues) price.
1. "Agusha""Agusha". Photo: yandex.market.ru
Agusha is one of the most popular baby food manufacturers in Russia. The trademark appeared in 1992 and has a wide range of products for children of all ages. Newborns are offered powdered milk formulas, babies from 4 months - a variety of purees, sour-milk products, water, older children - ready-made cereals (both dairy and non-dairy), juices, fruit drinks, compotes and fruit bars for a snack.
Thanks to the availability and variety of products, the manufacturer is confidently holding onto the Russian market. The safety and quality of Agushi is also confirmed by some neutral studies. For example, fruit cottage cheese, as well as kefir from this brand, received the highest rating from Roskachestvo (2, 3).
There are mixtures in the product line; a wide range of.
High price for some items.
2."FrutoNyanya" "FrutoNyanya". Photo: yandex.market.ru
FrutoNyanya baby food brand products are distinguished by a wide range and wide distribution in stores. Among the products of the brand you can find: a variety of cereals (with additives in the form, for example, pieces of fruit or without them), vegetable, fruit and meat purees, water, dairy products, juices, fruit drinks and nectars, snacks. For children prone to acute reactions to certain products, a special line of hypoallergenic food is offered.
Some of the brand's products have received high ratings from Roskachestvo, for example, biocurd, buckwheat porridge (4, 5).
Nutrition from this brand is designed for both the first complementary foods and for babies after a year. The composition contains salt and sugar, which are not recommended for children under one year old.
|Assortment||purees, drinks, soups, snacks, cereals, snacks, water|
|Recommended age||from 0 months|
Pros and cons0 There are hypoallergenic products.
May contain allergenic ingredients (eg sugar).
3. "Grandmother's Lukoshko""Grandmother's Lukoshko". Photo: yandex.market.ru
The manufacturer has been present on the Russian market since 1999. The main product is a variety of purees, which are available in glass jars and soft packs. For example, apple puree from this brand received the highest rating from Roskachestvo in all analysis criteria and was awarded the Quality Mark (6).
For older children, prepared meals, meatballs, healthy snacks such as fruit lozenges and biscuits are available. Also, "Babushkino Lukoshko" produces children's herbal teas. Salt in some products is not always welcomed by parents.
|Assortment||puree, finished dinners, drinks, fruit pastilles||Recommended age0255||from 4 months|
Pros and cons
Relatively low price in the segment; varied products.
There may be undesirable auxiliary components in the formulation (eg salt).
4. "Subject""Subject". Photo: yandex.market.ru
"Theme" offers products for children from 4 months to 3 years. The assortment includes a variety of meat, fish and vegetable purees, dairy products, ready meals and juices. But fruit purees are not presented. Packaging 一 is one of the distinguishing features of the brand. Thanks to special tin cans, the products are reliably protected from sunlight, which prolongs the shelf life. Also, many products of the brand are available in non-spill packages, so it is convenient to take them with you on the road. According to the results of the research, cottage cheese and juice "Theme" received the highest rating from Roskachestvo (7, 8).
5. DiaperDiaper. Photo: market.yandex.ru
All ingredients for production are supplied from our own farm. The manufacturer claims that thanks to this, it is possible to set fairly low prices for products.
The potential buyer is offered fruit and vegetable purees (some with cottage cheese), soups, various juices and fruit drinks, as well as water. Some of the products are hypoallergenic. The composition does not contain unnecessary components: salt, sugar and preservatives. Meat and fish products are not represented in the product line.
Rating of the top 5 foreign manufacturers of baby food according to KP
There are many foreign companies that produce baby food on the Russian market. A century of history, many years of experience and a good reputation helps to supply the market with quality products, which are preferred by many parents.
1. GerberGerber. Photo: yandex.market.ru
The assortment of the American manufacturer includes products for children from 4 months. In supermarkets and online sites, you can find vegetable and fruit purees, cereals, healthy snacks, juices, and desserts (cottage cheese treats, smoothies, and others). Hypoallergenic food is also provided. For example, dairy-free buckwheat porridge of this brand is highly appreciated by Roskachestvo experts, who noted the safe composition of the product without dangerous and harmful substances, including no added sugars (
Pros and cons
Hypoallergenic products; natural composition; high quality.
High price in the baby food segment.
2. HiPPHiPP. Photo: yandex.market.ru
German manufacturer's products are suitable for children from birth. Infants are offered hypoallergenic powdered milk formulas enriched with vitamins. For feeding - various purees, cream soups, cereals, and as a snack for older children - snacks and dairy desserts.
Pros and cons
Natural composition; There are baby formulas in the assortment.
High price of products.
3. Fleur AlpineFleur Alpine. Photo: yandex.market.ru
Natural baby food of premium quality. The range includes purees, cereals, cookies and juices - both regular and for children prone to allergies or intolerant to gluten. In addition to the usual products, the manufacturer offers olive oil (from 6 months) and sauces (from 3 years).
From time to time, the products of this brand come under the attention of experts from Roskachestvo and Roskontrol. For example, Three cereals porridge showed excellent results: a good composition with dietary fiber and no foreign impurities, the appropriate taste, color and smell (10), and buckwheat porridge meets the advanced standards of Roskachestvo, except for the increased protein content (11).
Not all products on the official website can be purchased in a regular store. However, they can be purchased on marketplaces.
High price; Not all brand products are easy to find on offline sites.
4. SemperSemper. Photo: yandex.market.ru
The Swedish company offers a wide range of products for children of all ages. Dry milk formulas are suitable for newborns, and there are even specialized ones that are best used for constipation. Some of them are designed for babies older than six months. For crumbs older than 4 months, the manufacturer offers a variety of vegetable, meat, fish and fruit purees, cereals, juices and children's tea with vitamins. In addition to the usual products for children, there are wellings — oatmeal and multi-cereal porridges with natural additives, cookies, and meatballs.
Pros and cons
There are mixes in the product line interesting combinations of flavors.
High price in the segment; the presence of starch in the puree; the product according to BJU may differ from that stated on the package.
5. HeinzHeinz. Photo: yandex.market.ru
American food company offers a wide range of products at affordable prices. There are fruit, vegetable and meat purees, cereals (dairy and non-dairy), soups and drinks. As a healthy snack for babies from 5 months, special cookies are suitable, and fruit and cream puddings will be a great dessert for older children. You can also find a special vermicelli that will suit crumbs from 6 months. The manufacturer's porridges received the highest rating from Roskachestvo (13). However, some products contain sugar and starch, which many parents of babies do not approve of.
Some products contain sugar and starch.
How to choose the right baby food
A child's menu may differ from another baby's diet, not only due to age, but also due to health conditions (for example, a tendency to constipation or a dairy allergy) and personal preferences. However, the first thing to consider is age. It’s also important to keep in mind that your baby’s diet should be free of added salt and sugar (14). Certain positions deserve some explanation.
Designed for feeding babies. In fact, they are designed to become an alternative to mother's milk. For the full development of the crumbs, it is necessary that vitamins and trace elements are present in the composition.
Introduced from 4 months. There are fruit, vegetable, meat and fish options. Combinations are also possible. For the first feeding, it is recommended to choose one-component purees from vegetables or fruits.
Porridges, as well as mashed potatoes, are recommended to be offered to a baby from 4 months. Thanks to the special processing of cereals, baby porridge is easily boiled, which significantly saves cooking time.
You can give your baby juice or nectar from the age of 4 months. As long as it doesn't contain sugar. If available, it is better to wait at least up to 1 year.
Reviews of doctors about manufacturers of baby food
一 Baby food is becoming an object of special attention on the part of the state and parents, 一 says pediatrician Ekaterina Mikhaltsova . - The main advantages of industrial products and dishes are ease of use, balanced composition and minimal cooking time. However, you must strictly follow the age recommendations and cooking rules indicated on the labels.
- Dairy products and baby food in particular are complex production products where quality control is essential at all stages. Therefore, it is better to trust large manufacturers, - explains sanitary doctor Nikolai Dubinin . - It is important to pay attention to the composition and, before offering the child, taste the food yourself. In general, doctors agree that commercially produced baby food is no worse than home-cooked. And some are even better, due to supplements in the form of vitamins and trace elements.
Popular questions and answers
We answer the most common questions about baby food together with pediatrician Ekaterina Mikhaltsova and sanitary doctor, epidemiologist Nikolai Dubinin.
How to choose food for the first feeding?
Pediatricians recommend starting the first complementary foods with vegetable puree. Fruits contain a large amount of fructose, which can irritate the lining of the stomach and other organs of the gastrointestinal tract. Of course, the parent himself can boil and grind vegetables to a puree-like consistency, but it is easier to purchase products in the store, since baby food is made in compliance with special technologies, taking into account all the rules and regulations.
Another question is how to choose a brand among such a variety of baby foods. The best solution is to stick with a well-known brand. Large companies care about their reputation, and therefore strictly follow all established quality standards and do not violate production technology.
The next step is to study the information on the label, make sure the quality, evaluate the following indicators:
• Natural composition. Preservatives, salt, sugar and other ingredients must not be present in the composition (at least in products for children under 1 year old).
• Consistency (grinding quality). A good puree should be smooth and without lumps.
• Multi or single ingredient . The first puree should contain only one ingredient. The child should get used to a certain vegetable, after which it will be possible to introduce others, adding each one in turn, so that the baby gets used to everything individually.
• Hypoallergenic product. Formula must not contain ingredients that can cause an allergic reaction.
• Package integrity . It is important to inspect the container in detail for dents, scratches or cracks (chips). Tightness must be observed. Don't forget to check the production date.
• Appropriate for the age of the child . The age for which this or that product is designed is usually indicated on the packaging in compliance with the recommendations of pediatricians.
When all these factors are taken into account, it can be said that the product is really suitable for the child and will not cause side effects (15).
Which of the Russian manufacturers should I pay attention to?
Baby food brand Agusha has been manufacturing products for over 30 years. The assortment has everything you need for a complete diet for kids: dairy products, cereals, fruit, vegetable and meat purees, juices and compotes. The company produces safe, hypoallergenic, complete nutrition for children of all ages. High-quality substitutes for breast milk and subsequent complementary foods are also produced. It is also recommended to pay attention to the manufacturers "FrutoNyanya" and "Theme".
What composition should healthy baby food contain?
When choosing puree in jars, pay attention to the composition. The ingredients should be natural, a good option (especially for younger kids) if the puree is a one-component puree - a fruit or vegetable plus water. Please note that the product does not contain salt, flour, starch, dyes and preservatives, and is not too diluted with water. The vegetable itself may contain starch, but its additional additives are very undesirable.
- Once again about baby food. Ladodo K. S. 2003.
- Roskachestvo rating. Children's cottage cheese "Agusha". URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/tvorog-detskiy-fruktovyy-agusha-multifruktovyy-s-massovoy-doley-zhira-3-9/
- Roskachestvo rating. Children's kefir "Agusha". URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/kefir-agusha-s-massovoy-doley-zhira-3-2-dlya-pitaniya-detey-starshe-8-mesyatsev/
- Roskachestvo rating. Biocurd "FrutoNyanya". URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/biotvorog-frutonyanya-yabloko-obogashchennyy-vitaminom-d3-s-massovoy-doley-zhira-4-2-dlya-pitaniya-d/
- Roskachestvo rating. Buckwheat porridge "FrutoNyanya". URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/frutonyanya-pervyy-vybor-grechnevaya-kasha/
- Roskachestvo rating. Apple puree "Babushkino Lukoshko" URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/pyure-fruktovoe-gomogenizirovannoe-sterilizovannoe-dlya-pitaniya-detey-rannego-vozrasta-s-4-mesyatse/
- Roskachestvo rating. Biocurd "Theme". URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/biotvorog-tyema-obogashchennyy-bifidobakteriyami-s-grushey-dlya-detskogo-pitaniya-massovaya-dolya-zh/
- Roskachestvo rating. Apple juice "Theme". URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/sok-yablochnyy-vostanovlennyy-osvetlennyy-dlya-detskogo-pitaniya/
- Roskachestvo rating. Buckwheat porridge Gerber. URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/bezmolochnaya-kasha-gerber-grechnevaya/
- Roskachestvo rating. Porridge "Three cereals" Fleur Alpine. URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/kasha-fleur-alpine-tri-zlaka-/
- Roskachestvo rating. Buckwheat porridge Fleur Alpine. URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/kasha-grechnevaya-gipoallergennaya-fleur-alpine/
- Roskachestvo rating. Applesauce Semper. URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/pyure-iz-yablok-fruktovoe-sterilizovannoe-dlya-detskogo-pitaniya-s-4-mesyatsev-semper/
- Roskachestvo rating. Buckwheat porridge Heinz. URL: https://rskrf.ru/goods/grechnevaya-kashka-heinz-bezmolochnaya-nizkoallergennaya/
- Baby food safety.